Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Helmet recommendation for long narrow noggin
  • welshfarmer

Got a 60cm diameter skull but it is a bit long and narrow front to back rather than nice and round! In need of a nice new AM helmet that fits tidy. Many don’t. Any suggestions?

packer
    Free Member

My head is of similar proportions and I’ve always found Giro to be good for my head type. Tried a few other makes and none have worked as well for me.

cookeaa

davidxbrown
    Free Member

Have had similar issue, Giro was ok but current helmet is a Catlike Leaf it has good adjustment and for me very comfortable.

ell_tell
    Free Member

Similar to davidxbrown.

I used to get on with Specialized but the latest S3 sits really high off my head for the size I need.

I did have a Giro Hex (the Feature was also a nice fit) which was comfy and seemed a good fit but I bumped it in a crash so I had to replace it. I’m now on a Catlike Leaf which really seems to suit my bonce.

welshfarmer

Cheers guys. Funnily enough my current helmet is a Giro as it was the only one in the shop that came close to being comfy. Will have a look at the Catlike or a more AM type Giro then

kayak23

steezysix
    Free Member

Giro Feature would be worth a try – best fitting helmet I’ve found and I’ve the same issues as you.

singletrick
    Free Member

Am similarly challenged in the head department – long front to back approx 59cm – helmets are a nightmare- have tried lots as like you was looking for something with a bit more coverage than my v. old Giro E2
    As per other posters Giro seems to be the best for this head shape – the hex/xar were comfy as was the feature – I was worried it would be v warm though but probably offered the best coverage.
    With other brands I tried (POC, Bell super, laser, kali) as the helmet got bigger it got significantly wider and didn’t feel at all secure on my head wobbling from side to side at the slightest provocation. Obviously the mushroom effect was also troubling.
    Ended up with a fox flux – good fit and cheaper – worth a try. The go faster spoilers/fin things are an added bonus.

welshfarmer

:mrgreen:

so nice to know I am not alone in the cranially challenged dept. Thanks for all the suggestions. Of to try a few me thinks.

milko9000
    Free Member

Troy Lee A1. I have the same sort of thing but with 63cm and wear the largest, way more comfy than the Giro it replaced.

welshfarmer

Mate has a Troy Lee A1 in Medium and that fitted not too bad. But then we usually ride together so can’t be seen with the same helmet now can I?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Helmet recommendation for long narrow noggin’ is closed to new replies.