Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • helmet light only?
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

So the battery on my MJ880 seems to be slowly dying, it doesnt last anywhere near as long before it starts to dim down so rather than get a new battery (still may be the winning option) I was wondering about getting a whole new light. For off road use and needs to last about 2 hours, I do turn it down at times but battery time is still important. I’ve always managed just fine with just a helmet light so would be looking for this setup again rather than forking out for two. Not fussed about batteries and the cables as I ride with a bumbag so the battery just goes in there. Any top recommendations before I just buy another battery?

duir
    Free Member

Been impressed with the inexpensive MTB batteries Lumen 2200 as my helmet light. They come from a UK company that (yes you guessed it) provide quality MTB batteries. Seems to be a Chinese light that is quality controlled by MTB Batteries (wires etc) then they add a good quality battery. In this case it’s a Panasonic battery with a very decent last time (up to 3 hours on full).

breadcrumb

I prefer to run two lights. Then if/when one dies it isn’t suddenly very dark!

Yetiman
    Free Member

If you don’t mind spending a chunk more than most Chinese lights the Four4th Genesis is a fantastic head light.

http://four4th.co.uk/products/lights/genesis-3-spot/

The head unit is only 63g so you barely know it’s there, plus they are well built. Mine is years old, bought when Four4th first started, and I still wear it on every night ride.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Cheers all, I know of MTB batteries but thanks for the short background about them 😉

Light has only gone flat once in the the oooo two/three seasons and i turned the bend into street lighted roads at the time so really not looking for the worry of two lights, One is fine for me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘helmet light only?’ is closed to new replies.