Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • helmet light on Giro Feature helmet?
  • HantsNightRider
    Free Member

Anyone know if you can mount the XML helmet lights on a Giro feature helmet?
    Curious as it doesn’t have many vents

If not what Enduro style helmet for mounting a light XML style on top.
    available in medium
    extra points for a green one to match my PA

Bell Super is out of stock everywhere in medium

wiggles
    Free Member

I’ve got one and a new light on order so will tell you in a few days if it will work.

A bit thin on the ground at the moment as the last of the 2013 it seems

matty456
    Free Member

Was thinking of modding a gopro sticky mount, not got round to it yet. Using old giro helmet for now. Would be interested to see how its done before i butcher my gopro mounts.

dazzlingboy

I run a Diablo on my Feature and struggle – think I might go back to the old Xen helmet for night riding. The standard Exposure mount in the middle hole (top of your head) puts the light beam too high (for me) and the one nearer your forehead puts it too low (again for me) no matter how much fettling I do. Putting it on one of the side vents gets the best angle but even though the Diablo is light, it still unbalances the helmet unacceptably.

Would be interested to see gopro mount butchery to see if it works.

davosaurusrex

I’m using an old Exposure mount that a mate gave me as it’s already a bit flared out from an XML Torch, I’m using a Fluxient torch with a few cable ties for security. Had it on the side vent last week but ended up with a headache from the inbalance. Have now mounted it on the top vent and as you can angle the exposure mount downwards hoping it will be ok. Had to pack it with a bit of inner tube under the top plate to allow it to tighten down fully. I also have a bony lump on top of my skull (hoping not to go bald anytime soon) and the lower plate touches my head which might proved irritating so think I will dremel a mm off the liner where the plate sits. Those with normal shaped skulls will probably be fine.

davosaurusrex

dazzlingboy – do you run a bar light as well as the Diablo?

prawny

I’ve got one, this year I’ve stuck a small peice of 3M Dualock just to the right side of the top vent and a peice on the body of an ultrafire torch. Works perfectly. A bit of adjustment, either side and up and down due to the curve of the helmet and it’s rock solid with no wobbling. Cost 2.50 from ebay.

davosaurusrex

Would think a low hanging branch/bushes would have it off though?

accu
    Free Member

just a long velcro…
    works perfect

accu
    Free Member

or ..a bell super from germany..

http://www.actionsports.de/gb/Clothing-Bike/Helmets/MTB/Bell-Super-helmet-2014-bright-green::59422.html?XTCsid=0ad53f716b8bdbcd53b45bd6ec2237e6

prawny

davosaurusrex – Member
    Would think a low hanging branch/bushes would have it off though?

Maybe, but I figure I’d be able to see it on the account of it being a torch. I’d rather the torch come off than something damage my helmet.

It’s strong stuff, it’s not come off yet, and the exposure mounts have probably just as much chance of being bashed off.

dazzlingboy

dazzlingboy – do you run a bar light as well as the Diablo?

Yes a Troutie LL3. Seeing the pic above^^ – the Exposure light sits much closer to the helmet than that (a few mm) so not much room for adjustment.

neninja
    Free Member

I mount the Gloworm on my Feature by running the velcro strap around behind the raised section on visor – means its nicely low profile too.

HantsNightRider
    Free Member

Thanks all, decided against the feature and just picked up a Catlike Leaf after trying a few helmets on.

fathomer

neninja – Member

I mount the Gloworm on my Feature by running the velcro strap around behind the raised section on visor – means its nicely low profile too.

Have you got any pics of this?

Or has anyone got any more ideas? my features coming tomorrow hopefully and need a way to mount my Lumenator.

rob-jackson
    Free Member
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘helmet light on Giro Feature helmet?’ is closed to new replies.