helmet light and bracket required? quality one.

Home Forum Bike Forum helmet light and bracket required? quality one.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • helmet light and bracket required? quality one.
  • jacob46

Got a beema 2000 on bike but would like a good quality light & bracket for helmet. Silly relying on one light and last night would of been good to have one for when I cycled through a pitch black park and I could only see what was in front of me.

reggiegasket

joystick?

or diablo if you want serious light…

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber
    z1ppy

Budget?
    ‘Quality’ suggest you don’t want a cheapy chinese unit?
    Trouble is to get a quality unit you looking at spending the same money or more than you spent on the Beema.
    I’m playing/testing a Gloworm X2 at the moment and it oozes quality, maybe a bit more than you need, so maybe the Gloworm X1 would be what you want?
    The quality of the units look spot on, the seals are enough that they place demo unit in bowl of water (switched on) & personal experience riding over the last few very wet weeks shows that it’s not faked 😀
    The brackets brilliant as my main complaint with the chinese units are the stupid way they lift the light high off the helmet (into overhanging branches). The gloworm ones are low profile and should fit most helmets
    I’ve only seen the X1 in the daylight, so can’t truely comment on it’s beam apread, but as they come with a selection of lenses I can’t see you going wrong with it. The XML LED is more suited to a spot light, it’s almost ideal as a helmet light IMHO, oh and the X1 is fricken tiny!

jacob46

Love the design of the gloworm but a bit too exspensive for me.
    £50 will do me.
    Thanks.

jacob46

Shame that all the best ones require big battery packs.

z1ppy

MTB Batteries is closer to your budget and Smudge’s reputation for customer service is probably worth the extra cash…
    Trouble is with “all in one” that they batteries do add weight, and IMO you notice it a lot more on the helmet. If you hearts set on that, then Exposures smaller unit are your best bet, though the chinese flashlights can be just as powerful (if not more so) and tiny (battery dependant). Also ime the chinese flashlight tend to be more reliable than the ‘bike lights’, but you’ll have to bodge a mounting (or use an exposure one)

neninja

jacob – I have some ex-demo and now/old stock Gloworm X1s in stock I could do a good deal on. Not £50 but certainly a lot less than RRP to include a small 2 cell battery pack that will give you around 2.25 hrs runtime.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

What sort of use really? You mention cycling through a park there and it seems like that’s unusual for you, is this for night mtbing or road use?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘helmet light and bracket required? quality one.’ is closed to new replies.