Helmet Hygine

Home Forum Bike Forum Helmet Hygine

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Helmet Hygine
  • MK II

Any good tips for keeping the actual body of the helmet odour free?

I have the padding out regularly for a trip through the washer, and this only seems to help a little.

Probably doesn't help riding 6 days out of 7.

Shower your helmet everytime you shower yourself after riding. Odour free helmet for the life of the helmet if you keep it up.

I put my padding out of my helmet in a string bag, (the one that came with my assos shorts)and wash with the rest of my kit. Sorted!

That scholl shoe deodorizing spray works a treat!

a topic entitled 'Helmet Hygine' receiving 3 troll-free posts?

STW, when did it all go wrong? I'm disappointed in you.

i change my helmet every couple of years, works for me

two hats,,, which shampoo do you use to keep it fresh?!!!!!!!

Oh! Didn't read the thread properly, I give mine a good rub with a soft wet cloth.

Premier Icon theotherjonv

As above. Clean you helmet in the shower.

I do find that dried sweat collects around the rim even after showering which can easily turn mouldy. So just before you get out of the shower, a brisk go around the rim with a nail brush removes any traces of beastly oomskah. Then a spray with athletes foot spray to keep germs at bay.

What? What did I say?

Premier Icon Coyote

Do not do as my sister-in-law did.

On noticing that my bro-in-law's 661 full face was a little fruity, rather than remove said padding and wash, she sprayed liberally with Febreze. No problem till Bro-in-law was riding down north shore, sweating like Peter Andre on Mastermind, and then the pain began. Rivulettes of diluted Febreze in the eyes!!! Cue one crash, an ocean of pain and the introduction of Febreze into the hall of words-we-don't-use.

Premier Icon alexpalacefan

sweating like Peter Andre on Mastermind

I put mine in the shower or bath with me and give it a good scrubing

LOL Coyote

MK II

Cheers Guys.

My current helmet might be beyond help.

I've got a new Catlike Whisper en-route which i want to take care of so i'll be sure to give it a good rub off in the shower (oooh-er)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Helmet Hygine’ is closed to new replies.