Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Helmet For LARGE Noggin
  • coffeeaddikt
    Free Member

Hi Guys,

I am getting back into the mountain biking world having been bound to the road by finances for the last 10 years. Will be investing in the new Bird Aeris 120

I am looking for a new helmet…

Recently I started a new job and the guys at the old place gave me a giftcard for CRC, I bought a nice 661 recon. in the largest size on CRC. low and behold it is too small, not by much, but it looks small and pinches on the temples something terrible! (if someone would like an unused 661 recon i am open to offers)

my road lid is a Specialized Prospero 2. Xl and this fits an absolute dream and looks like it actually fits.

Any one had a similar experience?

what brand do a good size XL mtb helmet? something of a similar size/fit to the prospero?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Massive Helmets you say ???

Here’s STW favourites this morn

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Bell Super helmet fits my massive swede nicely here

Gunz
    Free Member

Giros fit me well (62 cm).

perchypanther
    Free Member

One of these?

markshires
    Free Member

When I was looking for a new helmet I tried one of those Bluegrass Goldeneyes helmet and they seemed massive.

rocketman
    Free Member

Troy Lee A1 XL/XXL – absolutely massive + gobs of thick padding. Would fit a cement mixer
    Bell Super L – as above with less padding
    Giro large – pretty good if you have an Alien-shaped big head

Avoid POC/Urge

milko9000
    Free Member

I have a big head, which I think is mainly large in a front-to-back direction rather than wide. Anyway, the XL/XXL Troy Lee A1 is by an order of magnitude the most comfortable helmet I’ve tried, and I’ve tried quite a lot. Giro are OK for me as a second choice. Urge are no good at all but I think have started introducing a larger size on some lines which I’ve not had chance to try yet. Specialized were big but I think for different shape noggins to me, if you like their road one you might as well try their MTB.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Another vote for Troy Lee from someone with an unfeasibly big dome.

jeff

Giro were my helmet of choice for years, but now I have a Bell Super 2 and it’s very comfy. (62/63cm)

stevomcd
    Free Member

Try the 7 Protection helmet.

I got sent one in XL/XXL by mistake and it is vastly enormous…

sambob
    Free Member

XL/XXL A1 is so unbelievably comfy on my massive head, it’s like being given a head hug by a giant marshmallow.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Helmet For LARGE Noggin’ is closed to new replies.