Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Helmet for a sweaty head?
  • jambo13
    Free Member

Hi there,

I’m in the market for a new lid sometime soon after bouncing my current one of one too many branches, and am looking for a helmet that has some good padding along the front, as I have a tendency to perspire profusely (i.e. sweat like a bar steward).

I’ve had Giro’s the past few helmets, and have a Xar at the moment which is a great helmet, but does get a bit overwhelmed after a while. It tends to lend to sweaty glasses and sweat running down them which is a bit gash.

Does anyone have any suggestions of other brands / helmets to look at please? They never seem to show you the inside of helmets and the padding in the product shots.

From what I’ve seen, the POC Trabec looks well padded, but are their any other good options out there?

Cheers

The-Beard

Wear a buff like a bandana. You may look like a cycling pirate but it keeps the sweat off! Spesh helmets have a good vent across the brow which I always found pretty good.

glen815
    Free Member

661 recon has a good wide brow pad and a good vent system. All day comfy too.

zippykona

Get a sweat band cut it in half sew a bit of Velcro on the back. Hey presto you have 2 really absorbent pads for your helmet which you can chuck in the washing machine on a regular basis.
    As for the helmet I can recommend a specialized propero I think its called.
    The main priority is that it fits though.

nigelb001
    Free Member

Well I haven’t been able to wear my Fox Striker helmet this last few weeks because with the zero or below temp and a stiff wind my head was bloody freezing. Fresh air whips through it very efficiently. Now using an Urge piss pot helmet until the weather warms up. The Striker is great in the summer.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Get one with better vents to keep yer bounce cool

grum
    Free Member

Little tip someone gave me is to slacked off the clasp at the back when climbing, maybe even as far as it will go. Makes a considerable difference to the air flow getting to your head IMO.

Of course you have to remember to tighten it up again when you get to the descent…..

spendtoomuch
    Free Member

Urge enduromatic’s have a big oad that stretches right across the brow

Will stop the sweat dripping out

kayak23

Sweat Gutter

or….

larrythelathe
    Free Member

I have the same problem, I go for a full sweet band! Works a treat. Looks Nice and eighties when I take the lid off!

jock-muttley

+1 for 661 recon… again couldn’t wear it on really cold days even with a buff under it as it’s far too efficient so I resorted to a 661 Mullet Dirt lid on really cold days.

Like you I’m a sweaty mess on the trails

jambo13
    Free Member

Hmm, 80s head band, that could be an awesome look 🙂

Chz for the other suggestions, will check them all out and see if the LBS does them…

JoeG
    Free Member

Halo headband fixes the problem for me!

billytinkle
    Free Member

Get whatever helmet you like and stick large pads in it? I ended up buying a pad kit for a Bell Faction from CRC for a few quid and used it in my ‘The Industries F14’.

The red pads are the originals, the black pads are from the Faction. They are huge, very absorbent and easy to cut to size.

superfli
    Free Member

My Urge AM has a big pad in the front of it. The marketing department has developed some fancy name for their anti sweat invention, but its just a bigger pad. I sweat a lot too, so find it really useful. I get streams of sweat poring out when I push the front of my lid against my forehead.

jambo13
    Free Member

@billytinkle that might be just what I need!! awesome 😀

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Helmet for a sweaty head?’ is closed to new replies.