• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by benji.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Helmet crash replacement schemes
  • Rubber_Buccaneer

I’m thinking of buying a new helmet and I think MIPS is worth having so it looks like costing a few quid. Therefore I’d be interested to hear of anyone’s experience of crash replacement policies on helmets. Who was good and who was bad come time to honour the deal.

And for the purposes of this question lets assume that every helmet in the world fits my head perfectly…

tom.nash

Had a crash replacement processed through Sweet Protection before with no issues and I know Singletrack Rich also had a big spill and it saved him.

sambob
    Free Member

Troy Lee don’t seem to have one, so not them. I’m about to get my Bell Super replaced so I’ll follow this with interest.

Speshpaul

Did the spesh one a few weeks back. Took the helmet in to Dave mellor cycles. Walked out with a replacement with 40% of. Very easy no sending helmets back etc.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Used giro fine in the past

poah
    Free Member

met have one but you have to send it to italy and wait – was only £7 more if I just bought a new one from ze germans again so will do that and get one in a couple of days.

doubledunter
    Free Member

Smashed my Bell at ews , emailed them, sent a picture and what happened and gave me apprx 50% off a new Bell super 2r

fubar
    Free Member

I had my Lazer road helmet replaced. I think it cost around 50% of new RRP (I was tempted to buy another discounted helmet but in the end stuck with the replacement). Madison distribute Lazer so I guess the experience would be similar for other brands Madison distribute in the UK. It took a copy of the sales receipt, a few weeks and a phone call to chase them but it came through in the end.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Thanks all. A little mixed but sounds like I should be less cynical of these schemes in the main.

ratherbeintobago

Giro’s crash replacement policy was OK if I remember correctly, but I’m sure someone was saying on here you can often negotiate a similar price.

Current helmet (POC) doesn’t have one.

benji
    Free Member

Had good service from Specialized, replaced a few of mine now, would be cheaper if I stayed on the bike, but at least with the crash replacements I’m not waiting more than a week for a replacement.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Helmet crash replacement schemes’ is closed to new replies.