• This topic has 133 replies, 59 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by argee.
Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • Hello there – Obi-wan you know Old Ben.
  • argee

My main issue with the series was the total lack of jeopardy for any main character. We know what happens to Luke and leia, Darth and Ben, Owen and Beru. Without any peril any story will be flat.

Yeah, that’s what got me, a lot of the series was based around putting characters in jeopardy who we know are safe and sound in 10 years time for the start of the Star Wars timeline, probably the biggest problem with this series was that they brought in all those main characters and very little new ones, so limited what they could actually do.

As for the Inquisitors, that was just a real let down, you had good actors in there, barely used, and when used it was more like pantomine villains. I get the feeling they focused so much on getting the main characters correct against the older movies than writing the new characters in.

akira

I think they could do a second series but just with new characters, doubt Kenobi sat for ten years in a cave throwing cards into a Stormtrooper helmet.

chakaping
    Free Member

I mean, they could do another series where he has adventures which don’t include Darth, Leia, Luke etc.

Maybe that would have been better as a starter, in some ways.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Well, that was all a completely unsurprising piece of Disney.

The kids liked it, which was far more important than what I thought.

Mikkel
    Free Member

I hope for another season or 3, with an overlap with Rebels would love to see them redo the darth maul fight. (Or lack of fight)

anagallis_arvensis

I really enjoyed it, another season might push it too much. Maybe a spin off with Reva in which Obi wan is involved but not another series of Obi Wan.

funkmasterp

Meh! It was the Mandalorian with a weaker, less interesting lead and a small marketing opportunity child that wasn’t as good as baby Yoda.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Lot of plot holes in that last episode.

How did she survive that wound and get away?

Why didn’t he finish him and how did he get away?

robola

Lot of plot holes in that last episode.

There was plenty of moving stuff around using only the power of one’s mind too. Frankly it was like it was totally made up or something.

aide

Actually enjoyed the last episode, after thinking – ‘meh’ for episodes 1-5. That fight scene is the first time I’ve actually thought that Renton looked like a jedi. Also liked the wee nod to explain why Alec Guinness said to Luke ‘Vader killed yer da’ (may be paraphrasing there)

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Needed an intervention as he should have killed vader, emporer sending inquisitors or something. Other than that ok

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Butility other great

Hohum
    Free Member

It was pretty good entertainment and visually it looked great.

I still don’t understand why Obi-Wan failed to finish off Darth Vader when he had the chance.

That was the second opportunity he had.

My son said it was something to do with the Jedi’s code about not killing people.

argee

My son said it was something to do with the Jedi’s code about not killing people.

I bet those stormtroopers wished he followed that code throughout the series 😂

Reality is it was just badly written throughout, it played on folks love of the characters and series, but honestly didn’t really do much justice to any of them, it was pretty much the same level as the last trilogy, visually nice to watch, but not really improving the overall story.

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.