• This topic has 133 replies, 59 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by argee.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 134 total)
  • Hello there – Obi-wan you know Old Ben.
  • Premier Icon argee

Just watched part 3, still on the fence, Obi Wan is still bumbling about and needing to be saved, Third Sister is still showing everyone how it’s done properly, they just seem to be turning her into the main antagonist with a sledgehammer.

It can still work though, depending on story, but it needs to remember that this is 9 years before New Hope, we know that Obi Wan gets through this series without any real issues, Leia is back being a princess and Vader and Obi Wan weren’t really meant to have met up until Episode IV.

I think it’ll be an entertaining enough series, but as stated before, i hate when they just look badly thought out when fitting them into the timeline, i’m not bothered about sticking to canon completely, but there’s some stuff you just have to put a bit of thought into, we’re seeing this happen in loads of things, Star Trek, Star Wars, Marvel, etc, etc.

Premier Icon ads678

He hasn’t used his powers for 10 years though, and to be fair, even when he was at his height, he was a bit dim. I reckon if I hadn’t done something for 10 years I’d be a bit rusty.

I think he’ll come good, he’ll get in touch with Qui-gon or something.

Premier Icon ta11pau1

Well, he has been living in a cave for the past 10 years, not using the force or his lightsaber. Is it that unreasonable that he’d be a little out of practice? Jeez…

Anyway… Good episode, number 3 – 3 planets in 3 episodes, almost makes me forget the endless tattoine episodes in Boba Fett! Nice little fight sequence too.

Premier Icon argee

Well, he has been living in a cave for the past 10 years, not using the force or his lightsaber. Is it that unreasonable that he’d be a little out of practice? Jeez…

Anyway… Good episode, number 3 – 3 planets in 3 episodes, almost makes me forget the endless tattoine episodes in Boba Fett! Nice little fight sequence too.

In Episode 4 we’d been under the assumption that he’d been living off grid as a hermit for a very long time and was able to do all he did, and train Luke, Yoda had been living on the swamp planet for 20 years and was able to lift an X Wing out easily.

He’s also talking about waiting to train the boy in the first episode, seems a bit weird he would be waiting and not doing it himself.

Premier Icon ads678

But Jedi training is basically just, saying “hey, I’m a Jedi, listen to what I’m telling you….” “Now lift that rock with your mind, go on, don’t think, do…”

Premier Icon kelvin

Scared, scarred, guilt ridden and without hope. And living a normal life.

Premier Icon scruff
    Free Member

Rebel hammer droids ace. Best character so far.

Premier Icon kelvin

Has all the best lines.

Premier Icon stevious

Unashamedly enjoying this. I have a poor memory for plot details so timelone holes don’t bother me. I think I mostly just like the aesthetic of Star Wars so as long as there’s some cool robots/spaceships/gadgets I’ll happily watch along with my cup of tea.

Premier Icon BoardinBob

Aye, 3rd episode was much better.

I’m sure they’ve said this is a truly standalone 6 episode series with no follow up? Genuinely curious how they smoothly link this into ANH

Premier Icon thestabiliser
    Free Member

He’s also talking about waiting to train the boy in the first episode, seems a bit weird he would be waiting and not doing it himself.

He’s seen the fall of the Republic, the death of his master, his padowan go from the chosen one to a sith, the annihilation of the jedi , the death of padme, and had to hide in a cave for 10 years he’s lost his faith innit. And rescuing legal is his resurrection

Premier Icon MrPottatoHead
    Free Member

I’m sure I have rose-tinted spectacles but I’m enjoying it a lot. I’m sure people on this site watch things with shit-stained goggles determined to find fault in everything.

Premier Icon anagallis_arvensis

In Episode 4 we’d been under the assumption that he’d been living off grid as a hermit for a very long time and was able to do all he did, and train Luke, Yoda had been living on the swamp planet for 20 years and was able to lift an X Wing out easily.

Jeez, the story is pretty basic and some here still can’t grasp it. He is a broken man who has been hiding away for 10 years, the story is his reawakening, paving the way for him being able to train Luke (and kill Mail etc).

Premier Icon kelvin

Only just found out about a child Carrie Fisher having a sparrow as a pet that she carried around with her! Just like the little robot that Little Leia is attached to. How lovely a nod to the actress is that! And then she had other birds that she kept uncaged and close to her, right up until she was a mother (and her parrot wasn’t safe with her baby).

Premier Icon pk13

Oh it’s good.
    Ep4

Premier Icon The-Beard

I’ve been watching with my son and we’re both really enjoying it.  He’s very excited that it’s Wednesday and we get to watch a new episode tonight!  Trying to explain to him that in the olden days, when his dad was a boy, we didn’t have streaming services (or really catch up) and you had to wait and be in front of the TV at the specific time an episode aired or you’d not only miss it completely but have it ruined by everyone at school telling you what happened.  He’s horrified by this and seems to think I grew up in the dark ages.

Premier Icon stumpyjon

Now it’s getting going.

Premier Icon fossy

Wife is out, so Ep 4 next. Just finishing Ep9 of Halo !

Premier Icon ads678

Just watched episode 4. I want to watch episode 5 NOW!!

Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

it’s all a bit episode iV a new hope

Premier Icon stevedoc
    Free Member

Ive always been a massive SW fan and geeky to boot , but I really cant get over how dissapointed I am in all this. It just feels all to hammy and maybe not dark anough for my liking.

Im just glad Disney have the rights to season 3 of Orville to make up for this.

Premier Icon lister

Was I reading too much into it to see a nod to Trainspotting in the latest episode? 😀

I’d rather be in a bacter tank than a bog though!

Enjoyed that episode, bit short though.

Premier Icon mattyfez
    Free Member

They need to use the acting talent rather than riding the wave of the IP.
    Ep3 was OK though.

Premier Icon argee

Was better in places, but why are the baddies so angry all the time and without the leadership structure you’re used to within the empire in the movies.

I just don’t understand why the Reva character is so badly written, or why stormtroopers wear that armour as it offers zero protection!

Premier Icon chakaping
    Free Member

It’s shaped up a bit the last two episodes.

It’s maybe a bit uneven in tone still, but pulling together quite well.

I definitely get the New Hope vibe as well.

why are the baddies so angry all the time

No idea, no can’t think of a reason at all.

why stormtroopers wear that armour as it offers zero protection!

Next you will complain that they can’t shoot very well!

Premier Icon argee

Next you will complain that they can’t shoot very well!

For those complaining about the last episode was very like a new hope. I just saw this over my son’s shoulder, it’s only the first min or so you need to watch but it’s an interesting observation I think.

Premier Icon argee

Episode 4 was just as daft as the previous three ☹️

austin-powers-robot-walk-o<br />

Premier Icon BoardinBob

Finale was great.

Definitely some weak moments over the whole series but it got nice and dark as it progressed. Don’t see any need for a second series.

Premier Icon argee

The whole Reva storyline was just poor, she could have been written so much better, in the last episode it was just weird.

Can’t see another Obi series, it would mess up the timeline a bit more, this series kind of went against Star Wars original in a few areas.

Could possibly see a Reva series, maybe her fighting the inquisitors or the likes?

Premier Icon stevedoc
    Free Member

Just watched the last one, A few heart strings pulled for the originals and even a cheeky score from John Williams in there. I was confused a little but the Asohka/ Vader homeage in Rebals or at least it felt very very much like that.

As a series a 7/10 could have done better.

Premier Icon moonsaballoon

Me and my lad have just watched the finale and loved it . A few clunky bits but what star wars stuff  doesn’t.

Only thing I thought was I wonder if that would of made a better film ..and reva’s story seems pretty much unfinished so I wonder if she’ll pop up in something else .

Asohka/ Vader homeage in Rebals

Loved that bit 👌 Andor looks good from the trailer  but its Ashoka were looking forward to .

Premier Icon dyna-ti

I’m leaning away from it, though I’ll put it on if theres nothing else to watch.

SiFi best has to be The Orville. Far better than obi-w-ank-enobi, which is just playing off its star wars fan base and previous movie success.

Well I really enjoyed all six episodes. Bit of a shame they ripped off rebels with Vader getting his mask chopped.
    , then I will avenge my master, vengeance is not the Jedi way, I am no Jedi!!

Premier Icon stevedoc
    Free Member

Agreeing with Orville, I watched season 1+2 before Covid and season 3 hasnt disappointed yet . I do love a bit of Seth, very funny

Premier Icon gonefishin
    Free Member

My main issue with the series was the total lack of jeopardy for any main character. We know what happens to Luke and leia, Darth and Ben, Owen and Beru. Without any peril any story will be flat.

Premier Icon nickc

@gonefishin nails it for me, we know what ultimately happens to these characters so this was literally filler. I think that’s also why Solo kinda sucked, and Rouge One didn’t,

Premier Icon chakaping
    Free Member

As a series a 7/10 could have done better.

Fair.

Finale was excellent in places, dull in others. Sometimes within the same scene.

And I agree the Reva character was poorly realised.

Overall, decent enough and quite enjoyable though.

Can we have a Tala spin-off series next please?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 134 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.