• This topic has 38 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Hello again from Charlie The….
  • charliedontsurf

Hi there STW Forum.

Quickly reintroducing myself. I was “Charlie The Bikemonger” on here for many many years. There are now new “Bikemongers” with a shop in Ripon who are all geared up to look after your niche cycling desires. So, I have now returned as “Charlie Dontsurf” on the forum.

I also have moved from the hot sunny beaches of Dorset, to the rain drench hills of Hebden Bridge. I am “successfully completing my marriage”, running Bum Butter, working at Blazing saddles bike shop in Hipster Bridge, working with Markus “round the world on a  single speed Surly” Stitz on Bikepacking events starting with the Surly Dunoon Dirt Dash later this month, Surly Bikes frontman at the NEC bike show next week… and the new Merchandising Dude at Singletrack World.

The Singletrack Merch shop already has several new products in it. Some is other companies’ products we really like, some our own merch (see pics below), and some will be collaborations. Oh, and there will be some forum specific things coming too especially for you folk.

It’s good to back on STW forum.

Have a good time, all the time.

Charlie

weeksy

bottle opener !!!! Take my money… take it NOWWWWWWWWW

perchypanther
    Free Member

charlie the bikemonger spake thusly :

So, I have now returned as “Charlie Dontsurf” on the forum.

Your username would have us believe otherwise.

Drac

Welcome back Charlie.

Oooh! Marriage congratulations.

Cougar

So, I have now returned as “Charlie Dontsurf” on the forum.

Multiple accounts deleted.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Oh, and there will be some forum specific things coming too especially for you folk.

Tries , in horror, to imagine what forum specific merchandise would look like?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Tries , in horror, to imagine what forum specific merchandise would look like?

Wifefi and a logoed spousemat for me please.

perchypanther
    Free Member

….until you changed it.

This is cheating 🙂

leffeboy

can he be banned within minutes of joining?  Up to BoJo standards (one would hope 🙂 )

perchypanther
    Free Member

Up to BoJo standards

Boris the Liemonger?

charliedontsurf
    howsyourdad1
    Free Member

We’re asking, what is the worst monger? Iron, fish… rumour… bike or war?

charliedontsurf

Cheesemonger is a real thing too. Never forget the cheese… the first rule of picnic club is…

perchypanther
    Free Member

*changes username to perchy the punmonger

rossburton
    Free Member

So the spacer-and-bottle-opener look cool but I do wonder where people are getting these bottles of beer from. Surely if you take the beer with you after a ride it’s just going to explode?

perchypanther
    Free Member

but I do wonder where people are getting these bottles of beer from

Beermongers.

Obviously.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Thats funny I was talking about you to Dave Munt on the Isle of Wight on Tuesday evenings ride. Good to see you’re still doing bikey stuff!

bigG
    Free Member

That’s all fine and well (congrats on the marriage by the way) but,, will there be stickers?

All the best for your new jobs, and adventures to come

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Beer cache, take a few bottles to your favourite mid ride stop or bivi location and hide them for next time. Works best obviously if you remember to replace them.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Is that a classic tussle or more of a ruffle in the first pic? #hairmonger

kelvin

marriage

OH

MY

GOD

!

Let me buy you both a beer real soon please.

IHN

I also have moved from the hot sunny beaches of Dorset, to the rain drench hills of Hebden Bridge.

r u mentalz?

alanl
    Free Member

What’s happened to the shop in Swanage?

charliedontsurf

To clarify a few things.

“Successfully completing my marriage”… that is after 30 years… I’m getting divorced, But the congratulations are welcome, and the offer of beers very much needed 😉 And it’s encouraging that you lot are susceptible to marketing speak/bollocks…. that will make my job here much easier.

The shop is Swanage is closed. A new Bikemonger shop is in now in Ripon.

Carrying beer on a bike. Well, the Singletrack Merch Centre may well have an awesome solution to this issue soon. Watch this space, well not this space, but another space, over there… on the right of the screen.

brant
    Free Member

“Successfully completing my marriage”… that is after 30 years… I’m getting divorced, But the congratulations are welcome, and the offer of beers very much needed 😉

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Drac

“Successfully completing my marriage”… that is after 30 years… I’m getting divorced, But the congratulations are welcome, and the offer of beers very much needed 😉 And it’s encouraging that you lot are susceptible to marketing speak/bollocks…. that will make my job here much easier.

Seems an even better reason to celebrate. 😂

Houns

Prepare for the rain to get to you after a while. I couldn’t bear it and moved back down south as soon as I could

Other than that? Enjoy!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

A new Bikemonger shop is in now in Ripon.

Where?
    At the bottom of Duck Hill that’s where.
    I saw it the other day & thought, ‘hmmm, I know that name’, went past again yesterday & noticed some bikes inside.
    I’ll be going past 5 times again tommorow, in a council minibus. I’ll have a look in at lunchtime & say hi.

slackalice
    Free Member

‘Successfully completing marriage’ = divorce was obvious with the carefully placed Plenty of Fish profile pic in the OP! 😉

More stealth adding. This Merch business is on to a winner! 😉

Poopscoop

Lol, great thread already. Oh,I want the t shirt by the way.

Not as good as the Gnarpoon one devised by a mad genius on here but not bad at all!

big_scot_nanny

Charlie, I trust that you are marvellously happy?

Sounds like an eclectic mix of activities, all of which should bring you mucho joy.

The Dunoon thing sounds awesome, thats my stomping ground as a teenager – we would get the boat over from Gourock and just go and ride up hill and round lochs. Superb.

Keep flogging that merch, you’ve a gift for it!

ChannelD

Always like your old shop with its not always run of the mill stuff, fatbike and bike packing bits and bobs. The Salsa Bucksaw is still going well, love it. Good to see you continuing with the site and in Ripon.

senorj

But where do we go to now for decent stickers?
    🙂
    (good luck btw)

CountZero

I had a look at the subliminal message tee the other day, and was very impressed, nice to know it’s the product of the fevered imagination of a former STWer.
    Nice work, glad to have you back. 😁 🍻

frankconway

How’s the surfing at Hebden?

yossarian
    Free Member

Divorce doesn’t always seem like a good thing, but it often is. You get to reset, which most folks wish for. Good luck for your future! It’s all yours.

martymac

Glad you’re still going, you may remember i bought a karate monkey frameset from you a couple of years back, which ended up being out of stock, so i got a newer model instead, i spoke with you on the phone as there was a very slight dent in the bb shell, but i managed to get the bb in anyway.
    Bike is great!
    Getting divorced from my first wife was the best thing I ever did tbh.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I, for one, enjoyed the Spinal Tap reference.

Muke
    Free Member

Mmmm Surly Bikes frontman at the NEC bike show

Charlie the Surlymonger

Where might someone get a set of Krampus SS dropout chips ?

Your former emporium is saying out of stock.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Hello again from Charlie The….’ is closed to new replies.