Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hello!
  • boforus
    Free Member

Hi guys, hows it going?

New to this forum but been biking for years. Me and the wife are thinking of getting a dog and looking at Staffordshire Terriers pups, my sister in law has three and they are cracking dogs. Anyone had experience of them as trail dogs?

Cheers!

bearnecessities

What’s your opinion on tattoos, overtaking and niche shaving products?

(..and hello 🙂 )

qwerty
    Free Member

I thought that dogs were chipped rather than tattooed these days.

jambalaya
    Free Member

and coffee 😉

By the way you’ll get more of a responce if the thread title mentioned your question, eg “What trail dog”

thegreatpotato
    Free Member

Hmmm, the text in your post didn’t rhyme. Not sure if that means you’re human, a spammer, a chatbot, or neither.

Ummm, but I don’t know about the dogs.

Oh, and welcome!

CheesybeanZ

Hafe you got a wood burner for the pup to lie in front of ?

toby1

I’m no expert but from what I know of the breed they are very trainable dogs as they are intelligent and they have loads of energy so those are both good aspects.

Our friends current staff cross will happily jump 5 foot up to try and grab something from your hands and if she gets a good grip she won’t let go. She’s also great at agility courses and rolling in dead pigeons. My friend has her as a trail dog when horse riding too, so I reckon you could switch that out with bike riding with the correct training.

It’s important to keep them entertained to save them eating everything you own though.

ads678

What ever dog you get, a few things i’d like you to do/don’t do:

Pick it’s crap up and take it home rather than hanging shite filled bags off trees!

Train it too like all cyclists rather than chase them and try to bite them.

Don’t let it get in the faces of small children or randomly jump up people. Laughing and saying “Oh, ho, ho, he won’t bite…… doesn’t make it any better because WE DON’T KNOW THAT!!

Oh, and welcome!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hello!’ is closed to new replies.