Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hellllp – Web hosting costs?
  • bowglie

I’ve just had an invoice through for the web hosting of a website that I have (the website isn’t a big e-comm thing, just a couple of pages for my MTB skills thing http://www.letsmtb.com/ ). I’m just trying to get a feel of what fees people are paying for quarterly/annual web hosting – I thought a ball park of about £20 rather than, say, £200 p.a.?

What do you think is £20 per annum more like it?

danielgroves
    Free Member

I run a few VPS. My main one is 2GB RAM box from Digital Ocean, which costs me $20/month, so about £13.

£20pa isn’t going to far with hosting (remember, you get what you pay for like with anything else). I’d probably expect a basic grid package to be around £100/year. It really depends on what you’re getting, and where from though.

To be honest, £200/year really isn’t that bad.

Drac

£20? If you do find one for that then it isn’t going to be great.

Cougar

You get what you pay for, but that doesn’t mean you should be paying for something you don’t need.

I don’t pay for hosting, but I had a quick look at fees where my domain is registered and their basic package is £3/month. £20/month for, with respect, what is probably a low-demand site seems very high to me.

bluebird
    Free Member

Do you need a server or a shared hosting package? The MegaPlus package from these guys is a great deal from a really good ISP if you don’t need an all singing all dancing package – Link

sharkbait
    Free Member

I pay £2.50/month for hosting of one site and that’s e-commerce!

bowglie

Cheers for the feedback folks. I though it might be a case of ‘get what you pay for’, however I’m going to have to get a bit more web/media savvy and look into this more (thanks for link Cougar).

Drac

My hosting is done here.

http://www.justhost.com

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Freeola.

Its free

atlaz
    Free Member

As I said on another thread, I use site5.com. Never had cause to complain in the last 3 years

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Ariotek seem fine for a couple of cheapies I’ve done for friends.

If it’s just a couple of flat pages then they are quoting a tenner a year for the most basic package

Arioteck basis hosting

jon1973
    Free Member

£5 a month, which includes all the PHP and MySQL support.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hellllp – Web hosting costs?’ is closed to new replies.