• This topic has 55 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by hols2.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Hellboy – Again
  • Drac

Trailer is out for the new one shows some promise

funkmasterp

Looking forward to it

Drac

Predictable reply.

sirromj

Predictable yet appropriate.

mikey74
    Free Member

This is the one by Neil Marshall (Dog Soldiers, The Descent) isnt it? It’s supposed to be much darker and gorier than the GdT ones. Apparently he contacted GdT to get his approval before he signed up to it.

As a GdT fan I have mixed feelings about this: I love the way his films look but a more “horror” version might be pretty good.

RustySpanner

I’ve not seen the first one yet, it’s recorded though. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

That looks rather good.

dissonance

Since the original was crap I dont think the remake complaint applies in this case.
    A less child friendly version could be good and that clip shows some promise although that said sadly trailers do seem to have a habit of showing the best bits now.

Drac

Yup I have faith in Neil Marshall to do a good horror with humour too.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I LOVed the first two, I’ll probably love this.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

He said Legos. But apart from that it looked great.

Drac

Yes the Legos was slightly annoying.

I found the other 2 entertaining enough but not great they did as you say appeal more to kids.

funkmasterp

From what I’ve read this is supposed to be more in line with the comics. That can only be a good thing in my opinion

mikewsmith
    Free Member

shows some promise

Deadpool, set in the Winchester from Sean of the Dead with a weekend in Asgard/Rivendell?

Trailer looks a little disjointed there. Would have been better remade with an all female cast
    Hell(lady)boy 😉

colournoise

My jury’s out on this. Decent director (Dog Soldiers is almost as good a B movie as Tremors) but no Ron Perlman…

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I think David Harbour looks great; so different to Stranger Things

Drac

He does not sure if it’s sideburns or the horns.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

He fixes everything in Stranger Things by punching them in the face. Should serve him well here!

Drac

Yeah he’s rough and ready style should help.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Once you know its him you can’t help seeing it, but I had no idea who it was on the first viewing. There again I didn’t recognise Milla with dark hair either.

PrinceJohn

This isn’t working for me – too much peril & too much CGI, stop saving the world in every film.

Drac

Real demons are harder to come by so they need to restort to CGI.

PrinceJohn

Shame they didn’t make it look un CGI like.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Big Mo with a machine gun, what’s not to like?

Is Hellboy a British thing then? I’m sure the last one was in the US>

footflaps

Once you know its him you can’t help seeing it, but I had no idea who it was on the first viewing.

+1

unovolo
    Free Member

Why have they given him such a long face? looks like Eric Stoltz in the Mask

Hellboy

Mask

Drac

😂

colournoise

Why have they given him such a long face?

Seem to remember early on in the development of the new film they said they wanted to get closer to the look of Mignola’s comic version.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Dog Soldiers, well there’s nothing like giving yourself an easy target to beat.

That said it looks a lot better than The Golden Army.

But again, I refer to my first statement.

mikey74
    Free Member

This isn’t working for me – too much peril & too much CGI, stop saving the world in every film.

So let me get this straight: your main criticism of a film about a demon from hell that helps save the world from other demons contains too much “peril” and too much cgi? Jeez. I don’t quite know where to start with that one.

colournoise

Dog Soldiers, well there’s nothing like giving yourself an easy target to beat.

That’s the most banhammer worthy thing I’ve ever read on STW!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Looks awful.

squirrelking
    Free Member

That’s the most banhammer worthy thing I’ve ever read on STW!

I’m well aware I’m in a minority on that one but I can only suspend disbelief so far. Werewolves? Sure. Infiltrating the army? Why not. Sitting round a camp fire whilst you are supposed to be on an escape and evasion exercise? Are you on crack?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Almost as ridiculous as Big Mo’ and **** Lovejoy. And Milla? really? I reckon the big guys love interest would be more Christina Hendricks.

PrinceJohn

So let me get this straight: your main criticism of a film about a demon from hell that helps save the world from other demons contains too much “peril” and too much cgi? Jeez. I don’t quite know where to start with that one.

Ok – too much obvious jarring CGI, makes it look like a computer game. Regarding the plot, I’m bored of seeing the world saved, there a many great movies that can build tension with out the we must save the world cliche.

Harry_the_Spider

Don’t watch it then.

I think it looks like a laugh.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Big Mo with a machine gun, what’s not to like?

Was exactly how I sold it to the wife, although she really likes the GdT version…….i’ll wait and see. At least it looks better than that MIB International trailer they put out the other day

doomanic

Not really impressed by the trailer to be honest, looked pretty low rent.

kimbers

hmmmm well not that convinced, lacking a bit of del toro-ness

BUT a few elements look good, Damio is a great character & looks like maybe they are doing Hecate & witches sort of plot?

Ill watch it

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Hellboy – Again’ is closed to new replies.