Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Helitape (or equivalent) – best source ?
  • johnny63

Morning,

any recommendations for best source for this ? or a recommendation for an alternative ?

TIA

dc1988

I use Gusset Tek Tape. I think you can get 1.5m X 100mm for around £12. It’s 3m tape (says it on the backing) and I found it was much cheaper than any other proper 3m stuff.

chakaping
    Free Member

I have found this stuff is very good and cheaper than as lot of other options…
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Helicopter-Bike-Frame-Protection-Tape-Clear-Gloss-Finish/112927243132

Just done two forks with it and very pleased with the result.

johnny63

Cheers guys

@Chapaking – what width did you go for ?

I’ll be doing an MTB and a CX bike

fathomer

Sorry to hijack, but any recommendations for matt tape?

ossify

I got Indibike’s £30 basic kit for my hardtail and can recommend it.

It covers most tubes, wrapping round about halfway or more (maybe 2/3 for the top & down tubes).
    Plus lots of smaller patches for cable rub and some left over lengths, probably enough to cover your cranks as well or most of your fork maybe.

They do a full kit as well but for that price you might as well go with Invisiframe and get one cut specifically for your frame.

chakaping
    Free Member

what width did you go for ?

50mm

alanf
    Free Member

3M ventureshield from ebay

Jay76
    Free Member

I needed a mixture of gloss and matt so went for this stuff:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLEAR-GLOSS-MATTE-Bike-Frame-Helicopter-Protection-tape-Vinyl-Film-UK-SELLER-/223137933984?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Goes on well and is almost invisible but it is very thin (0.12mm) so probably won’t offer a massive amount of protection.

johnny63

Thanks all – went for Chapa’s recommendation

james1992
    Free Member

What about invisiframe? Worth the cash
    . Plus how tricky is it to install.

jodafett

What about invisiframe?

I used it on my last frame before I built it up and its fairly easy to do if you’re patient. wouldn’t like to retro fit it on a complete bike tho!

13thfloormonk

I got mine from Just Riding Along, good wee store and I likevto try and support them in case I ever want a set of their wheels!

breadcrumb

I have found this stuff is very good and cheaper than as lot of other options…
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Helicopter-Bike-Frame-Protection-Tape-Clear-Gloss-Finish/112927243132

@chapaking I’ve just ordered some, eBay was a minefield when I looked the other day so good to see some with a recommendation.

It’s for a lacquered raw aluminium, if it was painted I’d probably consider invisiframe.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Helitape (or equivalent) – best source ?’ is closed to new replies.