Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • helicopters
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

they're just downright cool aren't they?

dt5714
    Free Member

Loving the last pic of 'Blue Thunder'. Bought that DVD for some reason a few years back……..classic cheese!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Seeing a helicopter perfoming at an air show is very often as awe inspiring as some of the fast jets. A lynx looping the loop way back in the day that they came into service was an abiding memory for me.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    julianwilson
    Free Member

Also available without guns.

Kuco

Yep had a big old Merlin this morning come right overhead doing some NOE flying.

tumnurkoz
    Free Member
    tumnurkoz
    Free Member

oops, not the link i wanted! but there is a helicopter in there…with no guns

eldridge
    Free Member

they're just downright cool aren't they?

esspecially to the Issraelis

like this

Kuco

This eldridge if it wasn't a helicopter they could of used a missile or jet.

amodicumofgnar

A couple of helicoptering stuff shots from the day job. Cool afterwards, intense when on the go.

No guns here.

bruk

Rescue/heliboarding ones are a lovely sight too!

Drac

Yup love and flying in them is well cool.

Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

I used to love them, even seriously considered spending lots of money learning to fly them, now after spending far to many hours flying back and forth to work offshore they've kind of lost their appeal…

eldridge
    Free Member

Kuco

Yes, agreed, they could "of" (it's could "have")

In fact, they have used missiles, and jets, and tanks, and white phosphorous artillery shells, and denial of humanitarian assistance, and fuel starvation, and bulldozers to crush young women to death, and snipers to shoot humanitarian workers through the head

But the helos are so cool, aren't they?

bruneep

theses sky cranes are amazing.

unfortunately we needed this one at Les Gets

pomona
    Free Member

I used to love them, even seriously considered spending lots of money learning to fly them, now after spending far to many hours flying back and forth to work offshore they've kind of lost their appeal…

I used to hate heli's after a few trips offshore.
    Then I discovered the one true purpose of a helicopter.

What choppers were made for

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

this guys pretty brave (the one in the doorway)!!

Kuco

Yep I think helicopters are very cool.

I love the muppets who insist pointing out grammar mistakes 😉

Gary_C

Taken in 2008 at the top of Rainbow Mountain B.C.,the bikes are here!

Saw this parked up at Blackcomb heliport before the helidrop,& all hoped that none of us would be coming off the mountain inside it!(We'll come down on the bikes,thanks).

naokfreek
    Free Member

Met a couple of chaps in Morzine last year that we're both in training for military helicopter action, they could'nt wait to get to war…nutters, but it did sound like a lot of fun. Shame they'll die early though, coz helicopter pilots quit whilst they're ahead or crash and die.

amodicumofgnar

ishouldbeworking can see why the whole off shore thing would leave you jaded. The good bit about my stuff is short flights – 5mins max and no dunk tank. Had 10 weeks of it with down time in 2008, was just fried at the end. Definately reached the point of not wanting to see another one for a while.

Sonor
    Free Member

Can't end well.

And of course:

naokfreek
    Free Member

oldagedpredator …. you get my point? or are you in it for the long haul?

marty
    Free Member
    iDave
    Free Member

I flew a little R22 once, had full control for 10 mins – biggest rush I ever had, and intense concentration just to avoid dying let alone make progress

kevonakona
    Free Member

Love whirley birds. Although Apache is the only helicopter flown by UK forces that can actually loop the loop. Lynx cheats looks like it but never actually gets full inversion.

amodicumofgnar

They are basically the tractor and taxi service. You hear a lot of hair raising tales from the pilots and ground crew.

Despite being cool, helicopters – best viewed with deep suspicion. Worst days when its almost too windy to fly.

amodicumofgnar

On the subject of tractors: R22's, nothing that sounds like that when it starts should ever fly.

GrahamS

Mate of ours flies helicopters in the RAF and got a sunset flyby at his wedding!

scuttler

R22 without doors over (and through) a very hot Bungle Bungles (Purnululu) in Western Australia = worlds biggest hair dryer. Cue Wagner.

Lovin Airwolf.

And just remember kids – when you go to the mountains don't go home in the big yellow taxi like I did once. Arse.

GrahamS

Lovin Airwolf.

Every time I see a helicopter my internal voice is going "Doo-be-dee Doo-be-dee…"[/URL]

naokfreek
    Free Member

Ahh shit, never the way you want to end a day, but, they collect your busted body and take you to the menders, fair play, still don't trust them much, although when i actually go in one, i may change my mind…

dyna-ti

I love helichoppters 8)
    I always start humming the theme to airwolf whenever i get to fly one of the BF2 choppers 😆

gonefishin
    Free Member

Noisy, cramped, dangerous, uncomfortable heaps of junk in my opinion.

I've done a few offshore flights too.

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

I work offshore, they're a really cool taxis.

Secretly, I still think they're mega and love flying in them. Had a few spooky 😯 moments, but otherwise have total confidence in the pilots.

MadPierre

MadPierre
    Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member
    molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm, I prefer planes. Chopps are inefficient and slow.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

RudeBoyFred will be fwapping himself senseless over this thread…! 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘helicopters’ is closed to new replies.