Helicopter help please.

Home Forum Chat Forum Helicopter help please.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Helicopter help please.
  • user-removed

I’ve been given a remote controlled chopper (very cheap thing) and I seem to recall there were a few on here with some knowledge about such things.

The bleedin’ thing just spins in crazy anticlockwise circles and won’t take off. There’s a ‘Trim’ control to stop it doing this, but it makes no difference. It has two lots of articulated blades and a bar with weights at either end above the blades.

So. Back to the shop or user error?

bencooper

Two sets of blades on top or just one?

Tail rotor?

Sounds as if the tail rotor (if it’s a single main rotor type) isn’t working properly.

user-removed

Yup, two sets of blades. And it dies have a tail rotor but it doesn’t operate until the main blades are going (it has a seperate joystick) by which time it’s on its side trying to smash itself to pieces.

the hustler

trim setting as one rotor is overpowering the other slightly, adjust trim to sort

bencooper

Do both sets of main blades start up? Check both can rotate freely, and there’s no slippage between the big gear and the little gear on the motor.

Basically, both big blades need to spin at the same speed, but in opposite directions.

user-removed

Cheers Ben – yes to the first two questions but can’t get at the motor to check cogs – it’s all enclosed. Batteries out now and repackaged for return 🙁

stuarty

I’m slowly trying to destroy house with mine
    Just as well the battery only lasts 2 minutes
    Ain’t the easyest things to fly
    Like a brick

Make sure its fully charged low battery screws with the trim and gyro

csb

Also have one going back to the shop. Bottom set of blades don’t spin. Bag’o shite.

Premier Icon johnikgriff
    Subscriber

My lad has got one for the last 3 Christmas’s and this year I’ve finally managed to get one that does what it’s supposed too. It’s **** brill, we can fly it round the living room in and out of door, even landing it on people’s heads. Doesn’t help you but I’m feeling smug 🙂 the previous 2 haven’t seen the day out and smashed the shit out he house..

faz083

Ive got a Syma s107g , was £13 and is bloody brilliant. Sounds same as OP but may not be. So easy to fly and lots of fun. The trick is slow movement…

The OP sounds like helicopter is broken! Check for anything obvious in mechanics… if not… send it back!

user-removed

Thanks to Ben, I did eventually notice that the bottom set of blades only started spinning from the downdraft off the top set. Managed to disassemble the body and there’s a small cog missing. Boo.

Premier Icon althepal
    Subscriber

I got a very basic one- £10 from b and m I think- two blades but no tail rotor- have managed to get it to hover, and fly round (anti-clockwise only) in a circle.. It’s a good laugh for 3 to 4 minutes!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Helicopter help please.’ is closed to new replies.