Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Heli tape/frame protection – what's best?
  • boxelder

New frame to build up (steel). What’s best to protect the lovely paintwork?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Superstar have an interesting looking new film I’m going to try. Not certain about the patterning on it though.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I’ve always got on well with Paragon tapes.

matther01
    Free Member

Always hear good things about biketart’s tape.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Invisiframe is really good
    Richard

rickmeister

Have a look for your local car wrapping company and ask for offcuts…..

Done three bikes this way.

Bregante

I had some of the bike tart stuff and it’s certainly heavy duty but I found it a pain to apply neatly and the edges have lifted ever so slightly, trapping muck underneath. I ended up taking it off and have just bought this stuff from here

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/50mm-avery-dennison-helicoptor-tape

It is thinner but it seems durable and went on really easily. Quick delivery too.

plecostomus
    Free Member

Invisi frame by far the best

pipiom
    Free Member

Gettin invisiframe kit fitt to new steed as we speak ( did I mention it??!?!)

pipiom
    Free Member

Gettin invisiframe kit fitted to new steed as we speak ( did I mention it??!?!)

Nobby

I like the Bike Tart stuff – there’s a trick using a bit of soapy water to get it on perfectly.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWYCDWUtftA[/video]

nealy
    Free Member

3M 8671HS Polyurethane Protective Tape

Proper 3M 8671HS stuff is best, 100mmx3M will do a whole bike and comes out at £43. Could try to find it cheaper on fleabay but you know you’re getting genuine 3M tape from the above. If you don’t think you’ll be able to apply it well then probably worth getting a shop to do it who are good at it

alfabus
    Free Member

biketart tape was too thin – made it really stretchy and hard to apply.

JRA tape is much better

…oh, and the soapy water method is great – just don’t put too much soap in the water.

ChrisI

Invisiframe is great and does really blend in. I am looking for something a bit thicker to protect the down tube on my SB66c because I’m a bit paranoid, but happy it will protect the frame from scuffs and scrapes – in fact it already has!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Heli tape/frame protection – what's best?’ is closed to new replies.