Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Heir Hunters, hopes, dreams and new bikes
  • anagallis_arvensis

My Aunty just called to say some heir Hunters had been in contact with her cousin about a long lost cousin who died, as my father is also dead I am apparently a beneficiary…no news on how much or how long…but sod that, what new bike for going out and buying coke and hookers….

Makes a change from Nigerian royalty I suppose

choppersquad
    Free Member

Santa Cruz Heckler ebike because after all those hookers you’ll hardly be able to walk, let alone ride.

anagallis_arvensis

I like your thinking, although apparently, my aunty has 30 cousins!!

Dickyboy

My mum had something similar & ended up with 1 share in Arsenal FC 😀

anagallis_arvensis

Jesus, mowing my luck it’ll be 1 share in Colchester United!!! 😭

anagallis_arvensis

The first step on the way to riches has begun.

thepurist

The first step on the way to riches has begun.

What, they’re holding a winner takes all Twister competition?

IdleJon

My Aunty just called to say some heir Hunters had been in contact

This happened to me just before Covid. It related to my great-uncle who had recently died intestate. He was my grandfather’s brother – that grandfather died when I was 10 days old and was from a Catholic Irish family, so had lots of siblings, but I had never met any of that side of the family. (I thought it a bit sad that a relatively close relative had been alive for my whole life and I was unaware of him.)

Anyway, we did a bit of digging and found that he’d left a £1 million house in London. A basic bit of research showed how many branches of family this would be split between and seemed to suggest that my siblings and I might receive a few thousand pounds each. A relatively small but unexpected windfall. The process was likely to take about 18 months.

Then, about a year later we all had letters saying that his house had been searched and a will found which gave all his assets to a local hospice. (Sad face, it was never my money, but really, why not search the house a boit sooner?))

Then, a few months later again, another letter asking if anyone had been in the house, removed his bankcards and withdrawn funds from his bank account. If nobody stepped forward it would be passed to the police. That’s the last we heard.

So, in the space of about 18 months I found out that I had a millionaire relative from whom I was getting an unquantified inheritance, then had that last bit withdrawn, and then accused of stealing the assets!

uggski

Could be worse. Could have caught you actually stealing them 🙂

Dickyboy

Jesus, mowing my luck it’ll be 1 share in Colchester United!!!

Aparently my gt grandad had 8 shares in Arsenal, 2 went to the heir hunters & the others to his descendants. Turns out he played for Hotspur FC (before Tottenham hotspurs existed) and was a ref for the Southern Premier league in the early 20th century – I guess nobody minded a ref having a conflict of interest back in those days 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Heir Hunters, hopes, dreams and new bikes’ is closed to new replies.