Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Heeeeeere's BORIS
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

And so he makes his first* move towards No.10. – http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28673113

I enjoy Boris, but who would ever take us seriously?

*public

DezB
    Free Member

Boris. Meet Boris

Jamie
    Free Member

Boris. Meet Boris, and Boris.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thegreatape
    Free Member

Oh FFS…. 🙄 at myself.

(Didn’t come up on search mind)

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

That picture looks a bit like this guy:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P7_QEC5des[/video]

footflaps

I quite like Boris, even as a leftie. He adds much needed colour into British politics…

rene59
    Free Member

He is a nasty piece of work. Only the terminally dumb fall for his act.

bigblackshed

He’s a fool. But don’t underestimate him, he’s a very dangerous, nasty, clever fool. Whilst people are laughing at the fool the fool is fooling everyone.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, if photo failures are how one judges someone who has ambitions towards Number Ten, fill your boots – http://awkwardedmilibandmoments.tumblr.com

kimbers

when bojo announced his intentions today the sweat was running off him like a waterfall!

im not sure thats a good look for a wannabe PM

Pigface
    Free Member

Oh Boris you are so funny with your veneer of buffoonery hiding your cold evil heart. Do not trust this man with anything.

hora
    Free Member

Hes not an actor I’ll give him that. Hes no slick, sound-bite smoothie.

A character but very clever. What he did with Ken was simple and genius. Publish your tax returns fella. Ouch.

Would I want him as leader? No, I think hes got a fair few years yet. Maybe 5-10. In that time he’ll either be ready or an embarrasement.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Boris needs more experience? He’s probably technically more qualified than Cameron was when he started as PM. And he is certainly an actor, his whole image is an act.

hora
    Free Member

Thats not an act- he plays up the goof but its not an act. He’ll know that if effects his real credibility to a degree. IF he acted/calmed down he’d win over alot more people than the rich-boy/bumbling/making embarrasing comments.

One thing that does concern me is being photographed with a big developer – I dont think its sinister- just a spectacular goofy-own goal.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Nah I’m convinced he’s going to go for the Nigel Farage “he’s a normal bumbling **** that I could drink in the pub with” vote.

All an act. He’s known all along that the public would get increasingly tired of Downing street clones, the devious devious bastard.

binners

Do we know which constituency he’s standing for yet? Liverpool, Wavertree or Knowsley?

If the Tories elect that right wing nut-job as a leader, then their already minuscule vote outside the Tory heartlands of England will evaporate. So I hope they do.

His amiable buffoon shtick means he gets away without having his policies analysed. In reality, his views on most issues have more in common with Nigel Farage than with Dave. I’m sure a big chunk of the Tory Party retired colonels and blue rinses, in the home counties, would cream their Marks and Spencers underwear over that prospect. Anyone less of a closet racist, anti-europe fruitcake, less so. Like I said: I hope they elect him. He’d cast the ****s out into the electoral wilderness for a good while

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

+1 Binders

My cynicism makes me think that he’d win an election though, I reckon moronic Southerners would vote for him in droves. He will be our very own British version of Bush.

allthepies
    Free Member

Like running London ?

hora
    Free Member

binners- looking at the Labour ranks, who do you think would be the next Blair?

I bet if you walked into a local Salvation Army hall you’d think you were at a Labour leadership rally. 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Like running London ?

Ah bless, someone seems to think he runs London. 😆

As binners said, I also hope he gets to be the leader of the Tory party. It would be a dream come true.

binners

Like running London ?

Indeed… just another case of the media, or the Tory party (or labour nowadays, come to that) not having a clue (or caring) what goes on outside the M25. Just because a bunch of insular self-absorbed idiots, who think the whole ****ing world revolves around them, vote for one of their own, they automatically assume he has universal appeal throughout the electorate.

He doesn’t. Far from it. He’s a ****!

And the rest of the country knows this, full well. As noted by Radio 4 this morning who canvassed opinion in Sheffield. Its fair to say that it was less than enthusiastic.

Like I said… I really really hope they elect him. He’d be a bigger electoral gift to the labour party than Ed Milliband was to Dave. Large parts of the country would be absolutely repelled by him.

bikebouy
    Free Member

He’s seen around Town more often than “Call me Dave” for sure. He does fit right in here, many in Town like what he does and the way he goes about it. Of all the folks I know they prefer him to Red Ken, yet Ken did an awful lot for living wage Londoners. Oh how times change.

It’s highly unlikely he’ll get anywhere close to No10, best option for him is to stay put in Town and carry on what he started. Town needs all the infrastructure and builds that he’s planned out/been involved with and in our teeennny world he’s done more for cycling around here than many give credit for.

Buffoon or not, popular in Town he is.

RustySpanner

The most dangerous man in British politics.

Hopefully, his extremely murky past might put off some of the electorate.
    For example:

His multiple affairs whilst married.
    Let’s not forget he lied repeatedly about these to his wife and to Cameron.

His enthusiastic support of violent and aggressive behavior as a student.

His appointment of poorly qualified supporters to prominent positions of power.

His delightful agreement to supply Darius Guppy with a journalists address, so that Guppy could arrange for the man to be attacked.

His charming remarks about Liverpool.
    Etc, etc.

With a bit of luck, there will be more to come.
    Fingers crossed, eh?

That this wholly unpleasant, violent, deceitful, arrogant bully has the balls to stand as an MP is unsurprising.
    That people intend to vote for him is absolutely shameful.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Just as a slight aside what exactly are the primary differences between labor and conservative, other than the colour of their ties?

RustySpanner

The Labour Party has a ‘u’ in it.

The Conservative Party has more c’s, n’s ant t’s.

binners

And nowadays they even wear the same colour ties, so as not to cause any confusion

The labour party, while they’re ****ing the poor, disabled etc, and lining the pockets with their corporate mates in the city, at least make some token effort to pretend they’re not really really enjoying it

olddog

Boris will not be PM – nobody outside of London, and bits of the SE and the more inbred shiredom would vote for him (or a party led by him) – he’s the embodiment of everything the Tories suffer from in terms of out of touch elitism.

Also his massively London-centric view of the world (only partly caused by his job) would be easy meat for the opposition.

Chattering classes w******* themselves into frenzy about one of their own.

BTw I am usually wrong about these things….

soobalias
    Free Member

ah, the sound of northern lefties crying
    good ole boris must have you worried, else you would be laughing.

maybe see if you can join the scots in sulking about not having enough independance, tis all a bit pubescent dont you think.

olddog

… or maybe Londoners just know their place and the sound of their master’s voice has an old-Etonian accent…

wrecker
    Free Member

Why do it soobalias?
    Every contributor in this thread was waiting for a dissenting voice that they can leap on. I think there are some frustrations now that there is less proper arguing, hence many want “he who shall not be named” back to kick everything off again!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’ll swap you for the Australian pm

olddog

…or the Russian (ex PM now President). Maybe there is a trend to right-wing egotists.

As I said I am usually wrong about these things.

And as for a pubescent arguing … isn’t that the point of the internet?

kimbers

to be fair he only scraped in the last mayoral election (3%?), despite having the backing of all the papers (even the gruandad turned on ken) and being up against an increasingly doddery lame duck livingston

all though it was predominantly the outer boroughs that voted for him

joolsburger
    Free Member

Yes we do know our place, it’s here inside the M25 where inexplicably you still can’t get gravy on chips.

If Boris were PM it would be great, he likes bikes and I like bikes. As for the rest of it I’m sure he would have people for that, I think devious, arrogance is a primary skill for a PM, look at Blair he was a self absorbed, war mongering bastard and the lefties loved him.

Anyway Boris won’t be PM this time round Ed will be next and then maybe Boris will get in after Ed has cocked up.

binners

soobalias – As a moaning northern lefty I really really hope Boris ends up as Tory leader. To the labour party, he’d be all their christmases and birthdays come at once

I may not like Dave, but I can respect that he had enough nouse to recognise how his party is viewed in large parts of the country,and realise thats why they’d lost three straight elections. Hence his shmoozing campaign to ‘detoxify the Tory brand’. All that hug a hoodie/husky crap, was meant to appeal to the centre ground, not the anti EU, hang ’em and flog ’em Tory heartlands. And he still didn’t win!

You can’t win a general election on votes cast in the South East. Despite what people in London think, there votes don’t count double! Thats the thing thats so frightful about this democracy lark. Horrid urchins in places like Rochdale or Toxteth get to vote too. And they all think Boris represents everything thats utterly repellent about the Tories

kimbers

He only scraped in the last mayoral election (3%?), despite having the backing of all the papers (even the gruandad turned on ken) and being up against an increasingly doddery lame duck livingston

all though it was predominantly the outer boroughs that voted for him, which are more representative of the south east as a whole?

im sure whatever safe seat hes given will love him, but im not sure his PM appeal is good enough

olddog

You can’t win a general election on votes cast in the South East. Despite what people in London think, there votes don’t count double! Thats the thing thats so frightful about this democracy lark. Horrid urchins in places like Rochdale or Toxteth get to vote too. And they all think Boris represents everything thats utterly repellent about the Tories

I agree but it’s not the inner cities or old mill towns that win elections for labour anymore that it’s the home counties for the Tories. It’s the swing constituencies – which tend to be mixed skilled labour and white collar, that decide. I live in one of those, I can’t see many people falling behind a Boris personality or agenda even if they were accepting of a Cameron.

This doesn’t mean that I think that other leading politicians aren’t slimy ***** – and that it isn’t getting worse – the handful of tories I had time for are now out of power, similarly labour upper tier is now packed with professional political insiders – but Boris is the embodiment of this malaise.

binners

Exactly olddog . Dave is a clever bugger, and he saw why Blair won elections, and mimicked it exactly. By appealing to the centre ground, and ignoring the extremes on either side. Only Dave has the misfortune of having more right-wing lunatics on the benches behind him. Hence him still losing, despite his best ‘Heir to Blair’ efforts.

So for the Tory party to think that putting someone way, way further right than CMD, who represents even more an over-privilidged elite, and think thats going to win them elections….

I’m more than happy to watch them try

soobalias
    Free Member

srsly, you aint wrong binners.
    boris is there to claw back some of the UKIP voters, it will fall to the other side of ToryHQ to conquer the north. lets face it with the magnificant leadership of Labour, it wont prove hard. they are a very long way from losing the tag of the party that bankrupt the country

binners

Basically the choice at the next election is:

Would sir like his huge, steaming shit sandwich on brown or white bread?

And its symbolic that the Tories are so desperate that they’re looking to a right wing buffoon like Boris to try and get some of the lunatic fringe votes back from UKIP. Already thats who they’re looking to blame when they lose. And lose they will.

Not that labour will win it either. Pointless Tory-light that they now are. I predict a hung parliament, on the pathetically lowest voter turnout ever. And they’ll get together with the few remaining Lib Dems to form a coalition that just about scrapes a majority

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Heeeeeere's BORIS’ is closed to new replies.