Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Heckler Help Please
  • damper
    Free Member

Am trying to build up a 2008 heckler and I’m stumped with the rear brake fitting. I’m try to bolt on the IS adaptor and the shimano and hayes bolts I have, just won’t fit through the frame’s holes – they are too wide. Please collective, what do I need to do/ buy?

chris_db
    Free Member

Well, I apologise for the rest of the “collective” ignoring you in the first instance.

So, the brakes, as far as I know the IS standard uses the same bolts etc as every other. I can only wonder if the frame IS tabs are damaged in some way. Have you tried gently offering up the bolts without the adapter, just to see?

C

bombjack
    Free Member

Are you trying an older is standard disc, or a post mount disc using an adapter? Pics would help…

dantsw13

I’ve got a 2010 Heckler, and had a 2007 one before. The brake bolts were absolutely bog standard on both.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

had one of those, the normal IS mount fits fine, what do the threads look like on the frame?

mssansserif
    Free Member

Has the frame been painted or coated ?

Could be the holes or threads need cleaned up.

superfli
    Free Member

Frame been resprayed at all? Should be standard bolts.

edit – beaten to it 🙂

st

I had this on mine, the clearance in the ‘outer’ holes is tight which is an issue as the bolt heads fit inside the mount rather than surface fit. Luckily I have a little box of bolts and had alternatives that fitted.

bish

Do the mount bolts have washers on them? I had this problem with shimano mounts so just used different bolts

Jeffus
    Free Member

I found the Avid bolts fitted perfect shimano with washer where to big, 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Heckler Help Please’ is closed to new replies.