Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Heckler Frame size?
  • DarrenH

Hello all,
    Going to be ordering my new Heckler frame in the next few weeks 😀
    and I’m after some help on what size frame to go for,
    I’m 5’9″ so I’d go for a medium,
    however on another thread on here I’ve read that maybe you should go for a size larger frame than normal…
    Anyway, help please!

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I’m 6′ 3″ and had a 19″ heckler. I like my bikes slightly small. Replaced it with a long Blur 4x which is about 17″.

You need to ride one to be sure, but i suspect a 19″ may be a bit big for you.

dickie
    Free Member

I’m 5’11” & ride a large with a layback Maverik Speedball post & 100mm stem.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Just under 6ft
    Large, with a 50mm stem..

stayhigh

I’m 5’11 and ride a medium frame with a 100mm stem but thinking of dropping down to 80mm.

carlos
    Free Member

5’9 on a Medium, 90mm stem & a joplin post here. Fits me just how I like it.

Can’t you find someone to let you swing your leg over either a med or large thats local??

justme
    Free Member

I,m 5’9 and have a large with a 60mm stem and inline post and its about right altho could never be described as long.
    remember its easier to shrink the cockpit without ruining the handling than to stretch it
    on a med you could end up with a long stem (barge like stearing) and a layback seatpost (which will make the seat angle far to slack)in order to get it comfy neither of which goes with modern thoughts on handling
    if youre anywhere near rossendale you are welcome to try mine for size g

scruff
    Free Member

Depends if you like straight seatposts, steep seat angles, being above the BB, want short stem and still want ‘stretched’ sitting position. If answer to above is yes you might stretch to a large but at 5’9 I would have thought a med. would be better for Mr Average.

daveb
    Free Member

I am 6ft and have a large with a 70mm stem and think its perfect. At 5` 9″ I think a large would be well, too large. Medium would probably be perfect.

Depends on what you want though, sounds like you should try and get a try from somewhere. Its an expensive mistake to get the wrong frame size (I have done this in the past – ouch)

jimmy

I’m 5’6″ and had a small, which was too small, but the medium was just a bit bigger than I wanted. SO I’d say a medium will be spot on for you.

DarrenH

Thanks guys,
    a fella nearby owns a large heckler, think I’ll pester him for a go.
    Stem/seatpost wise, I go for a straight seatpost and a 50mm stem to keep handling sharp.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Yeah, I’d go with medium. I’m 5’11” and rode a large Heckler with a short stem, but I wouldn’t have wanted it any bigger.

grievoustim
    Free Member

if I was you I would go medium

I’m 5’11” – and ride a large with a 70mm stem and inline post

I got the large so the top tube would rougly match the TT length on my hardtails – which are both mediums (a soul and a love/hate)

SC top tubes seem short compared to other brands – if I could afford to replace it I would get something different with a longer top tube relative to the seat tube and head tube length – the heckler fits me OK but I wouldn’t want to ride a bike any bigger and I’m taller than you. So I think you should be looking at a medium

DarrenH

I had a try out on the large heckler earlier people.
    Felt just right,
    I’m going to stick with the short stem/ straight seatpost combo.
    Thanks for the help everyone.

penguinni

Got my 2011 Heckler frame earlier this week and just finished building her ( Heather) up.

Im 6′ and went for large. Havent ridden it yet – big day planned for Sunday.

Currently have 1300mm Magura Laurens which are great forks but might be a tad too short….

ianv
    Free Member

go medium, I am 5-10 and had a old style medium it was the perfect size. Large would be like riding a gate.

Pridds

HI
    I have got a second hand large Heckler in black for sale if you are interested. Comes with Cane Creek 110 headset, Salsa Lip Lock seat collar and Pure Racing i900r dropper seatpost. Would be £650. Can email you some pics if you want

DarrenH

Sorry Pridds,
    Already ordered, arriving tuesday! 😀

bigdave
    Free Member

Im 6ft 1 and got a medium, i put a short 50mm stem on too but also added a thomson layback, perfect for my techie type of ridding, i can chuck her around all day long aswell as ride her all day 😀
    I suppose if you wanted to ride 1 all day around bridleways then id defo go for a large, but if thats wehat you was going to do you wouldnt be buying a Heckler!?….. Right.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I have a medium at 5’11” with a 70mm stem fits me perfectly.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Heckler Frame size?’ is closed to new replies.