Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 1,152 total)
  • Hebden Bridge Trouser Company
  • sadexpunk

anyone else catch the hebtroco mention on 6 music just now? 🙂

lass on The Chain said her husband was wearing a hebtroco ‘action blanket’ in the garage…..

cue a bit if yipyap on them, also a thread (“100 POUNDS FOR A PONCHO?”) started on the facebook ‘radcliffe and maconie’ group (dont judge me, i love them. R&M, not ponchos that is) 😀

brant
    Free Member

I got woken up to twitter pinging at me. That was quite fun.

cue a bit if yipyap on them, also a thread (“100 POUNDS FOR A PONCHO?”) started on the facebook ‘radcliffe and maconie’ group (dont judge me, i love them. R&M, not ponchos that is)

I’ve requested to join 🙂

I see you’re culling the jacket range, for now, but have you considered a slim fit version of the navy wool coat? I like the idea of a UK made coat, and crucially navy…and if it was slim-fit I’d cough up £200ish. Can’t imagine I’m alone in wanting that either.

New jacket range launching in a few weeks.

ElShalimo

@brant
    – how close is the factory to the river?

It was squeaky bum time this week for many people

☹️

brant
    Free Member

@brant – how close is the factory to the river?

Our action blanket factory is pretty close to the canal and did get some water in this week, but it was largely ok.

As you can find if you dig through this car crash of a thread, we stopped making moleskin trousers in hebden bridge a good few years ago now, after the factory owner decided to launch his own brand making essentially what he was making for us, but with a zip fly.

He did this after he couldn’t even keep up with our production, and getting the hump when we had to find another factory to add on additional capacity. All a bit of a mess, and lots of business lessons learned (on both sides I think, certainly on ours).

I story about trying to “save trouser town” without actually owning the factory we were trying to save was hilariously naive, especially as the owner didn’t really want the factory saving and was just keeping things going and winding down to retirement.

The mill is now being converted to flats. Much to the annoyance of many of the residents on Melbourne St – which is still, per capita, our best selling street in the world for every year of business so far.

We’ve just ticked over £2million turnover, have a new staff member working with us on design, have three new jackets, jumpers, merino baselayers, smocks, coats and lots more on the way in the next few months.

Thanks to all the posters on here, and particularly Andrew who posted this thread FIVE YEARS AGO when we were about to launch, which led to what is still our best ever sales day ever (£17000 in 5hrs) though we nearly matched this late last year.

It’s got legs.

nedrapier

Awesome, well done Brant and Ed!

FB-ATB

three new jackets, jumpers, merino baselayers, smocks, coats a

It’s got legs.

Think you might need to revisit the designs

Harry_the_Spider

particularly Andrew who posted this thread FIVE YEARS AGO

Cheers mate.

For the record I now have 4 pairs of pants, 2 rude scarves, 4 pairs of socks and an Action Poncho thing. My Levis are consigned to decorating duty as they have fallen apart. My Founders are still going strong.

The Action Blanket is my favourite. I wasn’t expecting it and didn’t know what to do with it when it arrived but it has become the go-to item for evening cosy TV watching and I have to fight my lad for it. His latest tactic is to put it on and then fart, if he does that he can have it for the night.

It also allows me to pretend to be Clint Eastwood when nobody is looking.

kelvin

The mill is now being converted to flats.

I find that quite depressing. At least you tried.

And why did I wait five years?! (Well, I know why, it’s a cost/price thing for me, as for so many other people). I’ve worn my HebTroCo black black black jeans nearly everyday since buying them… all my other jeans feel like misshapen disposable crap in comparison! Save up… buy some… you won’t regret it.

brant
    Free Member

I’ve worn my HebTroCo black black black jeans nearly everyday since buying them… all my other jeans feel like misshapen disposable crap in comparison! Save up… buy some… you won’t regret it.

thanks – means a lot as you’re a right fussy bastard.

kelvin

Fair.

Rik
    Free Member

Brant Brant Brant – my action blanket arrived next day this week despite the bad weather. It’s ace – Opel fruits!

Like the idea of a smock. You thought of proper nice slim fitting ventile (single and double layer). Awesome material but left in the dark ages with the traditional box fit and drab colours. When it could be arcteryx with old school material

funkmasterp

I saved up for a pair of the 177 jeans and despite initial reservations on price I bloody love them. Pretty much all I’ve worn since buying them. Washed them twice using the bath method outlined on the website.

Started saving for a second pair or a shirt or maybe an action blanket. You should make some casual cycling gear. Mix the old with the new. Keep up the good work 😀

brant
    Free Member

Like the idea of a smock. You thought of proper nice slim fitting ventile (single and double layer). Awesome material but left in the dark ages with the traditional box fit and drab colours. When it could be arcteryx with old school material

Big fans of the Pace Winteractive, but our smock is not a slim fit.

And it’s single layer.

And it’s exactly what we want it to be.

Bit of a vlog about it here

https://hebtro.co/2021/01/16/its-what-we-do/

Pic here
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CKBsPI8H6-c/?igshid=gef05hg6z51l

lunge

Whilst you’re here @brant, how do your jeans compare in fit to Edwin ED-55’S? They’re my go to, but I fancy a new pair and like what you’ve done with HebTroCo.

brant
    Free Member

Cheers. Our 177 Indigo Taper looks close to that. 13oz Candiani Selvedge.

https://hebtro.co/product/177-indigo-selvedge-denim/

smudgey
    Free Member

The products are nice, I’ve had some socks and a blanket and both are good quality no complaints, used all the time etc. I would recommend them. But I still think the jeans are really overpriced.

brant
    Free Member

But I still think the jeans are really overpriced.

They are expensive for jeans if you buy your jeans at high st stores or at the supermarket.

They are, as far as I know, the best value british made Candiani Selvedge denim jeans on the market. Like £100 under what some brands charge.

simonbowns
    Free Member

The products are nice, I’ve had some socks and a blanket and both are good quality no complaints, used all the time etc. I would recommend them. But I still think the jeans are really overpriced.

I think that’s unfair. Expensive, yes. Good value, yes. Overpriced suggests they’re charging over the odds, which isn’t the case imho.

simonbowns
    Free Member

Whilst you’re here @brant, how do your jeans compare in fit to Edwin ED-55’S? They’re my go to, but I fancy a new pair and like what you’ve done with HebTroCo.

I have the V12 and they fit similar to ED55. A bit higher rise, which is bang on for me.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Interesting. I’ve been playing with the idea of getting some HebCo jeans as they popped up on my Insta. Never knew the gaffa was on here. Can anyone advise on how they look. I’m sold on the quality but I’m eager not to look like a geography teacher/victorian engineer. Usually go for skinnyish jeans.

funkmasterp

I initially thought the jeans were expensive until I started looking at some other UK manufacturers. You’re looking at up to £300 from some places. I’d say for the quality they are good value for the money.

footflaps

Bit of a vlog about it here

https://hebtro.co/2021/01/16/its-what-we-do/

Filming in Portrait mode should be a capital punishment offence 😉

nbt

I missed the original Kickstarter and the only thing holding me back since then has been the button fly, I prefer a zip. I’m coming round to the idea though, I’ll see what’s available next time i need new trousers, i have no objections to paying a fair price for quality

munrobiker
    Free Member

@jambourgie – I don’t think they make anything that doesn’t make you look middle aged. There’s a few tapered things but nothing slim. I have some of the straight leg moleskins and they’re ok for wearing around the house but I’d not wear them out in company. That also means I can leave the bloody button fly open for nipping to the loo.

smudgey
    Free Member

Well they are middle aged men marketing their products to a middle aged market so thats not surprising really.

cloggy

I’d rather like to look middle aged, but that ship sailed years ago. Have a pair of end of line 30% linen Hiit jeans [fairly local to me] and Hebco socks which are excellent They wick well are warm hard wearing and a good fit. Just the right amount of stretch in them. Quality

funkmasterp

Skinny jeans look good on a very small number of people regardless of age. This is the most middle aged, predominantly middle class place on the whole internet. Must be a great demographic for them!

b230ftw
    Free Member

Wouldn’t mind a pair but I’ve not been able to fit into any high street jeans since they stopped selling loose fit ones, had to get second hand ones, due to large thighs and calves. Doubt they’d fit me, not everyone is skinny.

b230ftw
    Free Member

Just looked at the washing instructions, are you having a laugh? Don’t spin, drip dry? It’s not the Victorian age any more…. but the worst is:

If you want the best looking jeans wash at 3 to 6 month intervals.

If I left my jeans 3 months before I washed them I’d have Environmental Health round to investigate the toxic fumes coming from my wardrobe.

I’m out!!

funkmasterp

It’s not a legal requirement to wash them like that. They won’t come around and repossess them or anything. It’s just the best way to wash and wear jeans. Pretty much always been the case with decent denim to be fair.

brant
    Free Member

Wouldn’t mind a pair but I’ve not been able to fit into any high street jeans since they stopped selling loose fit ones, had to get second hand ones, due to large thighs and calves. Doubt they’d fit me, not everyone is skinny.

Tbh the folks we get the most returns from are the skinny legged folks with a bit of a belly.

Our jeans fit cyclists really well. Funny eh?

simondbarnes

Our jeans fit cyclists really well.

What about cyclists with a belly?

bob_summers

Hadn’t heard of these until I randomly bumped into Ed in my local boozer in SanSebastian, where he was putting heavy dub reggae on their stereo and spamming the place with hebtroco beer mats. I was not in the market for moleskin trousers however!

Few years later I bought a couple of pairs of the straight cut jeans (177? black/black and blue selvedge). They work out expensive with the postage, but they’re up to the job. The black ones got broken in on a long moto tour around Spain in summer, sweated in 40C days, slept in, smeared in smooshed insects..

In terms of quality I think they’re better than other selvedge kecks I’ve had from the likes of Nudies, APC or Edwin, and tje denim on these is a class apart.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Tbh the folks we get the most returns from are the skinny legged folks with a bit of a belly.

What? I didn’t even think about buying any?

didnthurt

After looking at the website, the jeans look the best value to me. Might try a pair out the next time I need a pair.

frankconway

So much free advertising.
    Use the classifieds to sell stuff.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Just had a look and looks like you discriminate against short people- I need 29” inside leg at most!

Oh well stick to my £25 short legged, wide fitting next jeans.

Brant – did you ever get in to making fell running shoes? I still think there is a market for Inov8 style shoe with a bit more arch support and width

tthew

Did anyone listen to Rad Mac today? One of the Chain contestants was brewing beer in York. I’m sure that’s what action blanket man’s wife said her husband was doing yesterday, and she was also in York. Coincidence?

nbt

Post one thousand. That is all

Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 1,152 total)

The topic ‘Hebden Bridge Trouser Company’ is closed to new replies.