Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 1,152 total)
  • Hebden Bridge Trouser Company
  • fatmax

Still tempted, but they’re sizest…I’m a 36″ inside leg but its either 34, 37 unfinished, or a tenner extra for 36…
    Well done tho, to be applauded for getting off your arse and making it happen.

brant
    Free Member

Code FREEHEM should give you free hemming.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

I’ve had a couple of pairs and I love the styling and fit. I practically live in my c60 cords. Good to their word they fixed them and returned them for nowt when the seam started coming apart. They even sewed in a patch where I had worn through the pocket with my keys.

The Works 177 have much more substantial material in the pocket liners which has resisted the keys so far. Unfortunately the cotton twill hasn’t resisted my wallet which has worn the leg threadbare and formed a hole where it has been rubbing and probably rubbed against the desk a lot. Pocket is still intact mind you so the new material is much better! Gutted as they are my favourite work / office trousers, but probably my own fault having too much rubbish in my wallet just a shame as they are maybe 9months old. That said I have probably worn them two or three days a week for the last 6months!

Will probably have to try a pair of the GVNR canvas and see if they are smart enough for the office once the finances look marginally healthier.

Edit: Just had a look on my account and the Works are actually nearly 11 months old so I’ve probably worn them a fair bit.
    Also sorry Brant but I’ve nabbed the above code to snag some more C60’s while I can. That’s what credit cards are for right!?

brant
    Free Member

Email me about your Works. We had some issues with first batch of cloth. We will send you a brand new pair.

leffeboy

Fantastic. love seeing a small company grow.  The new jackets look great as well.  Looking forward to the day when the international postage comes down though, I think we got our tandem shipped for less 😉 *.

* this might not be true

fatmax

Thanks Brant 👍

brant
    Free Member

Shipping is what it costs us. Plus biscuits.

No Free Shipping. No Free Returns.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Email me about your Works. We had some issues with first batch of cloth. We will send you a brand new pair.

Well that is very kind, I’ll drop you an email but I wasn’t angling for a new pair!

It was meant to be an honest and positive review. I’m not sure it came across that way!

For clarity: HebTroCo make well styled, comfy trousers backed up by good customer service and I have and will happily buy from them in future. I’d much rather spend more on something not made by exploitation (I’m assuming you share the biscuits with the seamstresses/whatever the masculine & gender neutral version of seamstress is) and in the UK.

FuzzyWuzzy

Pfft still no zip fly option? I think it was 30 years ago I last had a problem with a zip fly and that was on cheap school trousers. Button fly are a throw back to before decent zips had been invented… Nevertheless good to see the company is still going strong

kcal

Out of curiosity – wandered over – jeans, replacement for tried and trusted Levis.
    Canvas Jeans – what – no 30″ option!

Assume that’s just a supply issue. Will check later, hard to get idea of fit from afar.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

hard to get idea of fit from afar

Fit not so much but their guidance for waists sizing is to measure your favourite fitting current trousers be prepared for a surprise and order accordingly.

My other brand ‘34”’ jeans actually measures just shy of 37”! I bought 38’s and they fitted really well. It did inspire me to slim down a bit so I think I can get away with a HebTroCo 36” now!

brant
    Free Member

Unlikely your 30s are 30.

You will most likely need 32s.

Sizing Guide – Jeans

Harry_the_Spider

Going to treat myself to a pair of canvas jeans later in the year. I’ve got two pairs of 501s and a pair of HebTroCo Founders, all of a similar vintage. The 501’s are in holes. The Founders are just about broken in.

Got a pair of 177s too. They are suffering a bit from “Lego Knee” now, but that is entirely my fault and is what killed one of the pairs of 501s.

You get what you pay for.

spectabilis
    Free Member

I have a number of their products including the canvas jeans, they seem very durable, utilitarian but smart too.
    Can’t see them being frowned upon in an office environment.

One thing I will say is mine came up noticeably bigger than my moleskins, I wear a 36 in the moles and 34 in the canvas both Guvnor cut.

wors

Id love a pair of Moto boots, when funds allow!

kcal

will do @brant. ta.

edhornby

I’ve got pair of howies jeans that are on their way out after a good service so I’m going for a set of the blue canvas jeans to replace. cost per wear really does equal out on these trousers when you compare them to a cheap nasty pair from somewhere high street (and who wants to give money to Philip Green or Mike Ashley? no ta)

the founder moleskins I have are brilliant if too warm for summer wearing, be interesting to compare the two cuts

brant
    Free Member

On Look North (Yorkshire) tonight.

CountZero

Pfft still no zip fly option? I think it was 30 years ago I last had a problem with a zip fly and that was on cheap school trousers. Button fly are a throw back to before decent zips had been invented… Nevertheless good to see the company is still going strong

Zips can, and will, break, even on really quite pricey garments. Buttons will seldom break, the stitching will, but it can very easily be fixed. Or the sort of button used on jeans, which is sort of riveted through, can come off when the material gives way, which has happened on a pair of cheap black jeans from Route One skates.
    It’s a PITA replacing a zip, but even I can sew a button back on!

theotherjonv

Not wanting to hijack, but I still have an unworn grey moleskin pair of the original Kickstarter trews…… 36″ waist unfinished. HTC Model A number 91

I’m unlikely to wear them and they are just taking up space still in the original bag.

Open to offers.

Drac

Classifieds is over there.

smudgey
    Free Member

I think the Hebtroco trousers and the rest of the gear is massively overpriced for what it is.Fair enough if people actually want to pay £125 for trousers and £45.00 for a basic t shirt, its their money. £50 for the trousers would be more like it.I hate being ripped off by anyone so I wont buy their gear.

brant
    Free Member

I think the Hebtroco trousers and the rest of the gear is massively overpriced for what it is.Fair enough if people actually want to pay £125 for trousers and £45.00 for a basic t shirt, its their money. £50 for the trousers would be more like it.I hate being ripped off by anyone so I wont buy their gear.

They cost us more than £50 a pair. It’s the cost of making nice things in the uk.

Harry_the_Spider

I hate being ripped off by anyone so I wont buy their gear.

Then don’t. Got 3 pairs now including a pair of the originals. All showing zero signs of wear and I’ve worn out a pair of £60+ Levi’s in the same period. Tough as old boots. Expensive, but they last.

chewkw
    Free Member

I hate being ripped off by anyone so I wont buy their gear.

🤔 I don’t think Brant force anyone to buy his Hebtroco trousers? Yes?

If I got the cash I would buy one to try otherwise me jeans are all from Debenhams and they are the house brand stretch jeans that I bought during sales for about £12 each (x4). I feel “hip” again with narrow jeans 😄

I like stretch jeans me 😅

Bunnyhop

Yes it’s the same old problem for the few of us that manufacture or make stuff in the U.K.

It takes time to make bespoke items. Wages in the U’K are higher as are stock prices.
    Often on STW you lot are aghast at the price of made to measure curtains (which is what I do for a living). Believe me after making a pair I am often earning less than the national living wage. I can only make things work if people buy the linings or the poles and tracks I can provide to make up the money.
    I am proud to say the curtains, cushions and Roman blinds I make last years and years. There in itself is another problem, meaning a customer may not return for quite a few years. Luckily I have many customers.

If you want quality products, made by skilled people, Made in Britain, then there is a price to pay.

I for one am willing to support our economy, support the many small business people (who work very hard) and I think it’s money well spent.

smudgey
    Free Member

Theres making a profit and then theres taking the hit and miss.

duckman

Best not cost up your mountain bike then…

kelvin

They are not taking the “hit and miss”… they are not manufacturing on the same scale or by the same means as a company like Levi… who do you think is making the real money out of selling you jeans?

gobuchul
    Free Member

The vast majority of high street clothing is made in the Far East.

What % profit do you think the likes of New Look make on the stuff they sell? Do you think it is less than what the Hebden Bridge company makes?

tomhoward

How much do you think it costs to make them? How much profit is allowed in your world?

footflaps

Hardly rolling in cash, you can see their accounts here:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09958194/filing-history

swedishmetal
    Free Member

Hmmm just had a look at these and I’d agree £125 is a looooooot of money. Might be worth it if they last I suppose.
    My only issue is that the cut doesn’t look like it’ll fit round my frankly daft sized calves and thighs, nicely sculpted from 30 years of sprinting and mountain biking!
    I can’t ever fit into even straight leg normal jeans without them being too tight and cutting circulation off when crouching – would these be similar?

brant
    Free Member

My only issue is that the cut doesn’t look like it’ll fit round my frankly daft sized calves and thighs, nicely sculpted from 30 years of sprinting and mountain biking!
    I can’t ever fit into even straight leg normal jeans without them being too tight and cutting circulation off when crouching – would these be similar?

Our mate Steve is a world champion and multi gold Olympic medal winning track cyclist and he can get in our trousers and shorts ok.

Hells Bells he’s a gold medalist!

Rubber_Buccaneer

Graham, Graham, Graham

leffeboy

They look lovely and I really fancy one of the jackets but while it is still cheaper to post to Yemen than Belgium I’m oot.

kcal

Steve’s a great guy — was up here for some years, before he went south for the para cycle training stuff.

rosscopeco
    Free Member

I’m all for buying UK designed and made stuff…even when it costs more than buying from the larger retailers. As a small business owner myself, I know how hard it is to make ends meet.

I’ve 4 pairs of HebTro troos and one Garison belt.

All three molskins have worn well with no fabric or manufacturing issues.

My first pair of GVNR canvas trousers developed a flaw in the fabric and to their credit HebTro changed them for their newer fabric version, despite the original pair being almost a year old. The new fabric is better than the original fabric but they’ve not held their colour as well as I’d have liked. I’ve only washed them twice as per the directions but IMO they’ve faded considerably more than I;d have expected. They therefore do not seem as hard wearing as the moleskins. Both pairs of GVNR’s also had the button fly separate, but again and to their credit HebTro repaired them without any issues.

The garison belt is worn almost everyday and will outlast my grandkids.

You get what you pay for. To also have confidence in an engaged and contactable customer service department is something few other retailers can boast about…IMO

bob_summers

To an extent, big calves are genetic right? Length/insertion point can’t be changed hence bodybuilders getting implants. So a track sprinter might have big calves but not as big as yer average punter with the right genes (npi).

I’m tempted by those canvas jeans. Expensive but not crazily so. I have a few pair of Norse Projects, I like the heavy Aros and the geography teacher cords, have never paid full price of 125eur though (cords at 255 on the site). I’ve worn dickies 873/4 most of my life and they can be had for 30 odd quid but they don’t last and they’re like cardboard when new.

bearnecessities

I see you’re culling the jacket range, for now, but have you considered a slim fit version of the navy wool coat?  I like the idea of a UK made coat, and crucially navy…and if it was slim-fit I’d cough up £200ish. Can’t imagine I’m alone in wanting that either.

Too many coats are a bit ‘bin-liner’ fit 🙂

Just a thought.

Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 1,152 total)

The topic ‘Hebden Bridge Trouser Company’ is closed to new replies.