Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Hebden Bridge ride sunday 15th all welcome
  • B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Yep, cheers for the leading Knott4me, a good work out 😀

hora
    Free Member

We climbed upto Pecket well today but really didnt see any of these ‘big climbs’ that you talk about….fatblokattheback on his Stumpjumper Enduro knows his stuff

erny
    Free Member

Any chance you could send me a copy of the route you did,i would like to meet a mate over that way and we are looking for routes

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    big-chief-96
    Free Member

i liked the bit from the top of widdop down to that other rez gorple i think?

dale
    Free Member

had a great day thanks to Knott4me for organising it and to all who rode
    a top spring day

taka
    Free Member

i hate my brothers account always leavs it logged in…. big-****-96

fatblokeattheback
    Free Member

Hora,
    Definitely do the river bed next time! :mrgreen:

knott4me
    Free Member

yep was a good ride .i must be sick or something as i enjoy the climbs as much as anything.

i think i had the only off of the day aswell.
    the decent down from the top of widdop to gorple is a cracker especially when its dry.

a big thanks to all who came & rode & gave good company.

big pat on the back of the day goes to the 2 16 yr olds taka & friend who rode from oxenhope in the morning to ride 23 mls to then ride all the way back…..legends & not a moan from them all day..restored my faith in youth has that.

next time taka ill make sure i have the car & can offer you a lift.

me & my usual sunday rider often go passed you on the way to gisburn/grizedale we will give you a shout in a month or so after the mrs has recovered from her-op & i can ride out again.

can anyone remmember the giys name on the commencal.i could do with his email with his permission of course to chat about the isle of mann end2end this year.

thanks all.

hora
    Free Member

Yes, a longer ride next time is definitely on the cards 🙂 We didn’t make the most of the weather 🙁

The traffic was mental on the way back, I may have committed some seriously naughty short cuts along with driving on the wrong side of the road to avoid queuing. Mark reckoned I was heading for a beating from other motorists 😆 🙄

knott4me
    Free Member

this is the best site for the townley loop.

http://www.idonohoe.com/mountian_bike9.htm

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

The descent from above Widdop – is that the footpath (not that I’m bothered – I’ve been eyeing it up for ages!) that comes into the arse end of Lower Gorple Res? If so, whats it like? Always stop at the top there by the rocks for a rest before ploughing on down the Gorple Road and into the Sheep Trail but that means crossing ‘the border’. Always scary…

taka
    Free Member

james didnt like the climbs lol funny when you came off under the bridge 😆

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I had an off aswell, can’t recall where, but I fell in some rose bushes or something, which made a mess of my leg. It was a bit of a struggle for me as I haven’t been out much over the winter, but an enjoyable days ride thanks.

Knott4me, we’re going up to Scotland the week after next with the guy on the commencal (can’t recall his name, Sams mate on the Lotus) so I’ll pass on your request.

RustySpanner

Damn, sounds like a fine day out.

Instead, we marshalled a cross country race in Bolton, organised by a friend. 🙁
    Free bottle of ‘Muddy March Hare’ beer though!

Stick a post on if you’re doing it again – don’t reckon I could keep up with Taka and Big Chief, (16 was a long time ago) but might be fun trying.

Did you get up the Pike? Usually horribly packed with walkers on a Sunday.

Mugboo

DaveyBoyWonder, yes thats the one. Its short and techy but was my favourite part of the ride.

Knott for me, i’ll pass on your email to Jonny

hora
    Free Member

Pics dammit!

knott4me
    Free Member

there was no time for snaps.

taka
    Free Member

simon do you have a route of the ride? want to do it again with a different mate

tom

knott4me
    Free Member

ill get you a route over.

ill print off the mary townley loop & highlight the route we did.
    ill do this before the weekend @ scan it in & email it.

mrs has a big op tommorow so may struggle to get it done before then.

knott4me
    Free Member

http://www.singletrackworld.com/

We rode this on sunday

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

there was no time for snaps

does not compute

knott4me
    Free Member

anyone interested or not in scotland (jammy buggers)

this weeks ride on sunday 22nd 9.00am is from lee quarry

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Hebden Bridge ride sunday 15th all welcome’ is closed to new replies.