Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 155 total)
  • Heaven is 10000 lumens brighter now. RIP Troutie
  • fatmax

RIP Troutie – always seemed such a lovely, and helpful fella. Not a good day 🙁

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I can’t say anything that hasn’t been said already but RIP dear boy.
    I sent him the original ‘bastid’ light he reviewed 9 years ago that pretty much destroyed his cottage industry due to the honesty of his Review 🙁 & you know what, it still works well thanks no doubt to his improvements 🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

That was a shock
    RIP Chris
    I have amusing memories on Ilkley Moor (also with Mugboo^) seeing him in the moonlight cartwheeling over his handlebars and feeling a bit guilty for not shouting as I’d done the same line and wheel trap on a previous ride.

I also got a few months loan of a spider eye and a dominator to use together, that was so awesome for night rides.

Only saw him about 10 or 12 months ago when he came round and carpeted the house.

Sorry to hear this smudge.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

RIP mate,
    She’d a year and raised a glass to you last night Chris.
    You will be so missed by many of us

coatesy
    Free Member

Sad news, condolences to friends and family.

grtdkad

So sad to hear this. Will be night-riding this weekend in Trouties memory with my Trout Liberator and Spidereyes

RIP Chris.

velocipede
    Free Member

Dear me…..what a terrible day today…..deepest condolences to family and friends of Troutie, what a shame…..

granny_ring

Jeez, another big name gone… RIP Troutie and again thoughts with your friends and family.

Bunnyhop

RIP Troutie.

Awful day.

jamj1974

Another one of the good guys lost.

Rest in peace.

stuey
    Free Member

Oh my – Chris was a lovely guy – always generous and going the extra mile to help folk.
    ‘Going to be really missed.
    My thoughts are with his family.

firestarter
    Free Member

Awful news twice in one day, RIP Chris may your light shine the way for you and mark

gil_

The Fatty Owls flag will fly at half mast at next years ‘puffer – farewell old friend, you’ll be missed

cookeaa

Sad news, RIP Troutie.
    My condolences to his nearest and dearest…

scaredypants

Trout was a good guy, for sure – offered loads of advice on here when people were doing daft things with homemade lights.
    I’ve got a prototype of some sort from him in the garage that’s still a great light, many years down the line
    Condolences to those who knew & loved him

trap6
    Free Member

Condolences smudge,it’s horrible too be given the news that one of your buddies has gone,think of the good times dude.
    RIP troutie

sijackson
    Free Member

Really sad news. I was lucky enough to join his Fatty Owls team at Strathpuffer twice. A true gent, great fun, generous, always smiling, always had time for everyone and bloody hell, that beer he made was top class. Half an hour with Troutie could lift you from the darkest of moods, just like his lights, he was the best.
    Catch you later mate.
    Si
    Fatty Owl

Kuco

RIP

toss
    Free Member

RIP troutie. Sad, sad day…. 😔

RoterStern
    Free Member

RIP Troutie. I never met him personally but had a bit of correspondence with him over his lights. He came across as a thoroughly decent bloke. My thoughts are with his family.

nemesis
    Free Member

RIP. Just shocking. Top bloke

timdrayton
    Free Member

Sad news rip

chipster

Definitely one of the good guys.
    RIP, Troutie.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Sad news
    My condolences to friends and family

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Dam auto correct.
    My post above should have read….

RIP mate,
    Shed a tear and raised a glass to you last night Chris (when Smudge told me the news)
    You will be so missed by many of us

bighendo
    Free Member

RIP my mate Troutie

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ve spent a whole Friday eve trying to find just one pic of that little Troutie yappy Dawg. I failed.

mefty
    Free Member

The Latin Requiem mass contains the phrase “Et lux perpetua luceat eis” which seems particluarly appropriate for Troutie – And may light shine perpetually upon them.

devs
    Free Member

I did 4 puffers with lights that troutie lent me or let me trial. I remember using spider eyes on full power for descents and making everybody complain. Chris was a total gent and a truly kind person. When I finally met him for real at a puffer he wouldn’t let me pass without plying me with home-brew and shooting the breeze. He was a truly lovely person. R.I.P Troutie, the mountain bike world and the world in general is a duller place now. Condolences to his family and friends.

krixmeister

Just seeing this… What a true loss. It is not an exaggeration to say that my Troutie Lumens Liberator helped create a renewed enjoyment of MTBing for me. That light has done 24 hour races with me in Singapore, Germany, Scotland, and the USA (am I leaving anywhere out?), and will be doing another one in June here in Texas – powered by Smudge’s batteries of course.

I had never really done any proper night riding before my LL light – his light single-handedly opened up a whole new type of riding for me.

jkomo

Shitting hell.
    RIP

higgo
    Free Member

What sad and unexpected new.
    RIP fella.

senorj

My condolences to family and friends.

mogrim

Always enjoyed reading those threads about building lights, sad to hear this 🙁

superfli
    Free Member

Thats awful news. Although I never had dealings with Troutie, all I heard was good things about him. RIP fella.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

It’s such a sad day – I met Chris when he helped me build my lights. He was a great man and a fantasiuc guy to talk to. I’m do very sorry for his family.

sdadswell001

Very sad. I’m off for a night ride tonight.

Alphabet

RIP. Thoughts and best wishes for his family and friends.

Fabdad
    Free Member

Such a shame about Chris, one of the most likeable blokes you could hope to meet, clocked out far too early☹️ Got great memories of weekenders in Scotland and the Lake District, in particular coming down Dollywagon Pike with Chris, Smudge and some of Chris’s German mates, think we all took a tumble that day😊 RIP mate.

BadlyWiredDog

Proper sad. He made me a couple of lights back in the day, brilliant to deal with, super helpful and thoughtful, just came across as a really lovely guy. RIP.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 155 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.