• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Daffy.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Heating oil price for the autumn and winter – up and up or up and down?
  • Daffy

What’re your predictions? It’s still around 85ppl around here at the moment.

brian2
    Free Member

2 weeks ago 83p per litre. Today we were quoted 92p.I still have about 300ltrs of a 1200ltr tank left, so I’ll probably wait it out and keep an eye on things.HaRd to tell, even our friendly oil company can’t advise.

goldfish24

I filled up last month. That’ll do me for ~10 mths. I figure it’s gonna get higher as winter sets in and be high until spring. I could be wrong, but I’m certainly feeling happy that my fuel for this winter is in the back garden and no one can surprise me.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Gazprom just turned off the gas taps, let me think 🤔

trail_rat
    Free Member

Gazprom just turned off the gas taps, let me think 🤔

Be a rush on grand vortexes and bunded tanks I’m sure for that to be of any concern.

sharkbait
    Free Member

The oil market is seeing the looming worldwide recession and further Chinese lockdowns as a pointer towards lower demand.
    There is also potential for increased supply from Iran.

All these would reduce the wholesale price of crude.

On the flip side…. Winter is coming.

I’m betting on not much change or a slight reduction.

https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/crude-oil

longdog
    Free Member

I filled up our 1300l last month and hoping not to use to much for some time yet, just 2 x 45min a day for water heating. I can only see it going up, but hopefully not.

Daffy

Historically, there’s always been a spike in September and then a slight drop back to almost august levels around November, but I’ve just bought 500l as we had an offer for £40 off 500l or more (why would you buy more?) which brought it in at 78ppl. this will easily get us through November, but we may need more in December. It’s tough to swallow almost £1/l when you know that’s almost £300 a month. Up until Ukraine, we’d never paid more than 50p/l in the past 8 years.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.