Viewing 13 posts - 201 through 213 (of 213 total)
  • Heating oil – how much!
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

From today’s budget:
    Support for people who use heating oil or alternative fuels will double to £200.

🥳

ElShalimo
    Free Member

The question is when will the Govt instruct the electricity suppliers to pay this directly to the consumer?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Still not seen any method of getting that.

We are still on 4/10 bars currently expect that’ll go down quickly once the heating starts in Ernest.

ElShalimo
    Free Member

The scheme has been trialled in Northern Ireland.

It’s quite good because you can have multiple oil providers so paying that way is difficult and open to fraud. Plus if you’re skint you might not have filled your tank for 2 years.

99+% of  houses only have 1 current electricity supplier.

The advice is to keep filling your tank when appropriate and the cash will arrive eventually.  My parents get a phonecall every 8 weeks from their oil supplier and they come out if below a certain threshold eg 70% full

trail_rat
    Free Member

My parents get a phonecall every 8 weeks from their oil supplier and they come out if below a certain threshold eg 70% full

I don’t doubt it. Nice little cash cow that .

Constant topping up of small amounts keeps the bills high.

shinton
    Free Member

I don’t doubt it. Nice little cash cow that .

Not really. I’m on a similar top up scheme for my LPG but my monthly DD is the same. It just means I don’t have to worry about running out as the tank has telemetry to report back to base and they top up to around 80% when it drops to ~30%.

trail_rat
    Free Member

It’s a bit like electric car range anxiety really.

your dd doesn’t represent the cost of a unit of fuel though does It – it represents a fixed cost your prepared to spend to have heat on tap.

Oil can be 30-40 pence a litre dearer in small amounts. <500l than say 1200l

Two people in this life. Those than keep the car brimmed and those who know exactly how far their reserve gets them 🙂

shinton
    Free Member

your dd doesn’t represent the cost of a unit of fuel though does It

Yes it does. I signed a 2 year fixed price deal this time last year so I guess that’s the major difference between LPG and Oil.

ElShalimo
    Free Member

It depends on your local supplier. I’m sure North Wales is not the same as Scotland

longwayup
    Free Member

If anyone is interested Boilerjuice have a £10 off code (BFRI10EL) available today for new (use a different email) customers. Was going to hold off but as it’s dropped to 76ppl thought it was worth topping up 500l which would see us through the winter.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Lucky you getting 76 pence

Word of warning on the code. – check your local suppliers first.

For me today locally it’s 83p a litre with connons and Johnston oils.

With boiler juice it’s 94p for the longest delivery time – rising rapidly the quicker you need it

At a 1000l fill that’s 100quid difference – no wonder they can knock a 10er off….

trail_rat
    Free Member

Just seen Carnegie’s in brechin will delivery in 7days for 82p .

Or next day for 86…..

Cheapest I’ve seen for a while but makes boilerjuice prices a piss take.

longwayup
    Free Member

Rung local suppliers and they couldn’t beat 76ppl with cheapest being getting them down to 80ppl. The tenner knocks off the excessive service charge but can’t grumble with delivery expected on Monday.

Viewing 13 posts - 201 through 213 (of 213 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.