Search the forum using the power of Google

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Heating bills :(
  • doncorleoni
    Free Member

So first off I am sure there was a thread on this but the search function proved absolutely useless

So I know there are so so many variables but would like to see if I can benchmark my November gas / elec usage against others with similar ish variable (if that is at all possible!) to see if its on the low / normal / high side before I go throwing money at improving things for marginal gains

3 bed terrace, 2 kids, 2 cats
    Standard 1978 ex council build – brick downstairs (cavity), cladding upstairs, crap double glazed windows (probably all blown)

15kW greenstar condension boiler set to flow of 70 (return about 65 deg C so not condensing right now but any Lower House feels cold)

Heating on 21 deg. TRV set to 3 in each bedroom (downstairs apart from living room set to 2)

Bill for 34 days (end Oct to end Nov)
    Elec £86
    Gas £132
    Works out at £6.50 ish per day

Heating on from 5.30am to 7.30am then on again at 3pm to about 9.30pm (water heats same time… Old gravity fed system)

So does that seem alot / to be expected or low?

Hard to compare previous years usage as change of supplier means all historic data lost

Cheers!

[Mod] https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/not-putting-the-heating-on-hows-it-going/

plastercaster

What’s your kWh consumption? We’re in a detached house, but run the thermostat cooler (18 degrees), and I’m in the same ballpark as you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Heating bills :(’ is closed to new replies.

Search the forum using the power of Google

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.