Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Heathrow parking recommendations
  • onlysteel
    Free Member

Surprisingly, never parked the car and flown from Heathrow before. Public transport no longer an option. Have parked with APH at Gatwick without issue but have heard various horror stories about some Heathrow operators eg cars parked up on streets in Slough, damage, long delays on collection and so on.
    So….anyone with positive recent experiences to share?
    Many thanks.

Pigface
    Free Member

Used Purple Elephant and it was fine. I can see where the whole thing could go seriously wrong but worked well for me.

m0rk
    Free Member

Last time I parked at Heathrow I used Purple Parking.

Was good. I dropped at their site, and had them deliver it to the airport in short stay.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Depending on on distance and duration of trip……

Driver to and from the airport. I have an excellent driver who picks me up at home, and collects me from the airport. No need to worry about driving tired, no need to faff around with parking to terminal transfers, I get dropped at the right part of the terminal. Yes, it’s more expensive than driving yourself (mine isn’t cheap, BMW 7 series at all hours) but when you factor in the hassle factor of driving/parking it makes good sense.

Worth the ringing around some of your local drivers, I’d say. Look for business travel types, as they’re more likely to be to and from LHR regularly, keeping costs down. My driver sometimes has five or six trips a day to/from Hampshire to Heathrow.

nickdavies

How long for? I always use purple parking on bath road (used to be q park). Usually I’m there 10 days or so and been there countless times never a problem. Short trips short stay car park at t5 if your flying BA.

It’s usually around £70-80 for 10 days at purple parking. Meet and greet is an option but I’ve never had to wait more than a few minutes for the bus, and it’s only a 5 minute ride. Driver would be nice if you had one that was affordable and you could rely on to pick you up on time if travelling from afar.

Defender
    Free Member

The last time I did it and had to pay for it, I used Heathrow’s own parking as it was very competitive and much closer to the terminal (T5) so the traveling to/from the car park was minimal.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Parked in Heathrow long stay at the moment. Price was competitive, none of this hand over the keys and they shunt your car around, even though I drive a old banger I still don’t want my car shunted around, it’s a proper car park. This is a personal trip though. For work taxi or if i was driving i would use the pods.

aracer
    Free Member

I’ve always used Park at My House (or whatever it’s called, or some equivalent). Way cheaper than the proper car parks and also quicker and more convenient IME.

freeagent
    Free Member

I normally book via Topcashback and go with the best option.
    Last time at Heathrow T5 the short stay worked out the cheapest.

br
    Free Member

Where are you actually driving from?

I use to use a local company to take me there/back, especially after 911 it just saved on hassle and cost.

This was for work so I could factor in the 45ppm the company was paying me for mileage.

But for holidays we always did the same, even Gatwick which was £100 each way, meant I wasn’t worried about have a drink etc.

thepurist

Just booked 2 weeks at ncp for less than 60 quid after topcashback discount. It’s on airport, just through the tunnel.

andeh

The few times we’ve stayed at the Renaissance hotel (right next to the T1,2,3 tunnel) the night before flying and wangled parking included into the cost of the room. Left it there for 3 weeks before without issues, and they have recently widened all the parking spaces, presumably to avoid having the Jaguar owners parking across 2 spaces 🙄

stevextc
    Free Member

I either use business parking or get a taxi but it’s a 20 minute drive for me at 5am and i usually leave that sort of time.

I don’t like taking 5am taxis as I always worry they won’t show up… for me 3 days is slightly cheaper than taxi and 4 days taxi is cheaper.

As I’m usually screwed on time zones I often like to have a couple of beers so I sleep on return flights so then having a driver makes sense though I can also get a National Express…

Digby

The few times we’ve stayed at the Renaissance hotel (right next to the T1,2,3 tunnel) the night before flying and wangled parking included into the cost of the room

Same here … and 1 night in the Renaissance hotel plus 3 weeks parking was much cheaper than 1 night in Bewleys plus 3 weeks parking in Manchester …

Sundayjumper

We used the meet & greet last time, it worked well. Drop off in a section of the car park close to the terminal, pick it up again in (roughly) the same spot a week later.

Sundayjumper

I use to use a local company to take me there/back, especially after 911 it just saved on hassle and cost.

This was for work so I could factor in the 45ppm the company was paying me for mileage.“

You can’t claim 45ppm for somebody else’s car. That’s potentially fraud. You should be claiming actual cost of the taxi.

br
    Free Member

You can’t claim 45ppm for somebody else’s car. That’s potentially fraud. You should be claiming actual cost of the taxi. [/I]

I didn’t claim the 45ppm, I claimed for the taxi – I was just pointing out that along with the parking cost the company would also have my mileage to pay.

So £45 taxi each way equals £90, and on the opposite side 90 miles @ 45ppm = £40.50; once the parking got past £40 it was a no-brainer.

CountZero

Worth checking out JustPark, I’ve used them several times now after a recommendation on here, and now I use a church in Hammersmith when I go to London, because it’s dead easy to get to and from when coming in from the West, and it’s just over the road from the Tube, and I used a families front garden when I went to see Goldfrapp in Oxford a week or so back, which was five minutes walk away, and cost £3.70!

sparkyspice
    Free Member

Try Holiday extras.
    Always been good for me.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Heathrow parking recommendations’ is closed to new replies.