Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Heated vests
  • z1ppy

Anyone got one of these or a jacket? Couple of my friends who still ride m/c’s have mentioned their heated jackets, being very good.
    Looking at them for my g/f who has a small dog training business, so can be standing around in a field watching other ppl run around, for a number of hours.
    I’m find lots of reviews, but mainly for stuff only available in the US, or jackets when I think a vest would be more practical. As your vest could be used with multiple jackets, if one outer get sodden, you just use another…
    So are they good value, or a technology still early in it’s development? Can you use other 3rd party power banks, or are they all locked to specific connectors? Would you recommend the brand you bought, is it durable?

kayak23

I’ve not used one I’m afraid but I know Makita do one.

Makita

drnosh
    Free Member

I use a Keis heated body warmer on the BMW.

Only need to wear a base layer, a tight ‘ish fitting bodywarmer and then normal outer jacket.

Granted I’m plugged into the bikes electrics for power, but Keis also offer battery packs.

https://keisapparel.com/collections/all

Stockist. Always good service from these guys:

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/364815

kilo

I use one of these on the scooter,

At present I usually use it on the lowest setting under a motorcycle jacket. It’s quite toastie but the heat can feel a bit “direct”.
    I just use an Anker power bank, you can fit anything with a usb point on to it.
    I’ve been quite happy with it so far

maccruiskeen

I’ve not used one I’m afraid but I know Makita do one.

I bought their electric blanket for my girlfriend to use after winter sea swims.

it’s only a fairly small panel that’s heated, not the whole thing. Impressive how long the battery charge lasts mind – I left it running on full for 10 hours with a 5a/h battery.

if you already have power tool batteries many of the manufacturers make a jacket now. However…. a power tool battery is quite a heavy / lumpy thing to carry about in your pocket

low tech solution though…. backpack – hot water bottle – some flasks of hot water for refills.

z1ppy

Thanks ppl, couple of different option to think about, that makita look lovely but the initial price and the added battery cost has pushed it too far out of budget,

@kilo
    that link isn’t working, can you supply another, as that sounding a bit more like it (no special battery)

kilo

@z1ppy it was Amazon and search for Fasola Heated Vest USB

z1ppy

thanks dude

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Heated vests’ is closed to new replies.