Heat storage units – help please.

Home Forum Chat Forum Heat storage units – help please.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Heat storage units – help please.
  • Hairychested

There are several of them in the flat and I've been told they are cheaper to run than oil-filled radiators. The problem is I have no idea how to set them up. Another issue is that one of them has no fuse, which one should I fit – 3, 5 or 13A?
    Cheers!

jond

Is there no sticker on any of 'em saying the (input) rating ?

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

awful things. no heat when you actually want it, to much when you don't.

waste of time and money.

Hairychested

Some have stickers, some don't (4 of them in the flat). When I switch the main on the light is down anyway. No idea….

Premier Icon Alex
    Subscriber

Agree with that. Just gave ours (11!) away. Triumph of marketing over functionality. They'll fry you at night when they come on (I assume they are the night storage ones) and by 2pm you'll be freezing.

There should be two sliders or dials that are "input" and "output". I think the idea is you can change them to adjust how much heat is stored, and then also how much you use. But since inside ours were just bricks, it's hard to know how that works.

We found a product code for ours and goggled for instructions. Might be worth a try.

Hairychested

So it seems better to stick with the free-standing oil radiators I've been using for several years. Correct?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Heat storage units – help please.’ is closed to new replies.