Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)
  • Heat moaners
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

stood in front of a big fan in my shorts, no top, looking like a big sweaty silverback gorilla.

I wasn’t hot before but I am now.

loddrik
    Free Member

Too hot for me. Anything above 23 is too hot. Left all curtains closed today. He thinks it’s too much too…

bencooper
    Free Member

Ice-cold inner tubes straight from the fridge:

😀

jeffl

Lovely. As others have said makes all the cold wet commutes worth it. Cycled in today, followed by a cold shower. Looking forward to taking the long way home via the Peak District and probably sweating a bucket load.

Just had to pop a picture in 🙂

fasthaggis

Have you got heat stroke Ben?

🙂

Yak

Clearly. Obviously that’s what we all do. No fool has hot innertubes.

(wtf? what’s that about then? Run out of storage?)

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Best night’s sleep for a long time lastnight.
    Previously too warm for the duvet, too cold sans duvet.
    Too lazy to strip duvet from cover and just use cover.

MrOvershoot

Well I worked from 8am till 2am this morning in a roasting hot flour mill wearing flame retardant clothing hat & hairnet, trying to sort a PLC control system out that is located in some very hot electrical panels & heat was the issue 50degC in there
    So I found sleeping easy (once I got home) as it seemed almost cold compared to the mill.

Back in and sweating now though 🙁

tomhoward

‘Oh, it’s too warm’
    ‘There’s warm and there’s warm’
    ‘I like it warm but I don’t like it this warm’

Have a Solero and shut the **** up will you!

-Peter Kay

craigxxl
    Free Member

Love riding the Motorbike into work in this weather instead of being in the car but as soon as you’ve had to slow down or waiting at traffic lights it’s boil in a bag time. Still won’t stop me taking the very long way home tonight 🙂

wwaswas

I’ve just given the two blokes from British Gas who are digging multiple holes in the road outside a can of coke each.

They look to be suffering and it’s barely mid morning.

wwaswas

Well I worked from 8am till 2am this morning in a roasting hot flour mill wearing flame retardant clothing hat & hairnet, trying to sort a PLC control system out that is located in some very hot electrical panels & heat was the issue 50degC in there
    So I found sleeping easy (once I got home) as it seemed almost cold compared to the mill.

perfect opportunity for a ‘there’s trouble at t’mill’ post and you missed it!

ste_t
    Free Member

My enforced ‘holiday’ after quitting my job means today will be a picnic lunch at the top of a hill in the village which gives me views over the Cotswolds and Malvern. Then a brisk walk to the pub at the bottom of the hill.

tomhoward

Girl at work has switched the air con off as its too cold and opened a window as ‘it’s better air’. Our window is directly above the smokers shelter.

Office is now sweltering and stinks. Suggestions to chance are met with tantrums

DezB
    Free Member

BBC forecast says it’s gonna cool down tomorrow…
    (Also says Pollen count: “Low to Very High” – that’s accurate! isn’t that applicable every day? 😆 )

cinnamon_girl

Give me snow and cool temps any day of the week

Anything over 20 degrees and I cease to function in a meaningful manner

+ 1.

MrOvershoot

wwaswas – Member
    perfect opportunity for a ‘there’s trouble at t’mill’ post and you missed it!

Sorry its the heat 😉

“There’s still trouble at t’mill” but spending money on PLC spares is sorting it.

It’s even hotter in there today though “I’m going to melt”

wwaswas

Bloke I ride with fixes the boiler/heat exchangers etc at a power station.

“It was at 1000 degrees inside so we had to wait for it to cool down a bit before we could climb in and fix it”

jam-bo

you could have the aircon on, windows open approach. which usually means water starts pouring out of the aircon shortly and it packs up as it tries heriocally to air condition the rest of the world….

GrahamS

Girl at work has switched the air con off as its too cold

I sympathise with that – I’m chuffing freezing!

Sat in my little single-person office with my fleece on because the centrally-controlled air con is running full tilt trying to cool down the other offices that have big sunny windows.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Girl at work has switched the air con off as its too cold and opened a window as ‘it’s better air’ (she’s not wrong). Our window is directly above the smokers shelter (ban smoking there then).

Office is now sweltering and stinks. Suggestions to chance are met with tantrums (I have the perfect solution for you, but lead times are about 8 weeks, think about it for next year… Or not.)
    As pointed out, set point cooling and poor designed systems are crap.
    😀

footflaps

Due to summer hols / paternity leave, I’m the only one in my office this week, so no arguments over the aircon settings…..

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It’s chuffing glorious here in west London.
    Everyone has slowed down a bit. Everyone seems happy. I love it! 😀

metalheart
    Free Member

I’ll add another grumble, I’ve ‘ginger’ skin and I burn to crisp in sunlight. I’m out in town but as I’ve had to stay with my dad I’d no choice of wardrobe so I’m exposed!

Lobster anyone?

jam-bo

P20, factor 50. put some on in the morning. sorted for the day.

tomhoward

@jam bo this is the exact approach I’m taking. I expect there to be a tornado/localised thunder and lightening in the office soon

metalheart
    Free Member

Yeah, normally I’d be doing just that. But I’m not at home….

And I’d be wearing a long sleeve shirt (with a collar)

And it’d definitely be factor 50! Did I mention the ‘ginger’ skin….? 😳

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Just realised that I need to pop out of the office and get some lunch.
    Probably a good time to put some trousers on.

poltheball
    Free Member

My name’s poltheball and I’m a heat moaner.

Disgustingly hot here (ginger Scotsman in a non airconditioned office underneath a skylight that’s focussing the sunlight to melt my skin).

Going home at 3, can’t hack this heat. The ride home is like biking through a sauna to me (probably fine to everyone else, I’m ginger remember).

Probably very unscientific link that proves I’m suffering more than you

Ah well, home and a cold beer in a hammock up a tree beckons, possibly with some bike fiddling chucked in for good measure. Could be worse!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Our neighbours once left their ginger in the conservatory, they “only popped for 10 mins”. Tragic.

ste_t
    Free Member

Not a bad spot for a picnic

zippykona

Supposed to be at a meeting tonight to discuss the village Christmas lights.
    Already I’ve forgotten all about it.
    I could give details of the epic ride I shall do tonight but it’s going to be 3 miles straight home and beer in the garden.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I love the summer.
    #sunsouthunzout 😈

Yak

Pah – I sacked off my planned lunch ride. Over-run work stuff.
    No doubt my next ride slot will be raining.

Yak

Pah – double post

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Im a fussy so and so, I need bright days to combat the Seasonal Affective Disorder I’ve had for ~20 years, but I start to suffer once the temp raises above ~18C.

It’s 30C here in Southampton, still got a bit of work to do and I’m melting badly!

Bring on the mild sunny days in the teens!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Just back from a lunch time snooze on one of the scarce little patches of green in the City.

First time this year !! …. I’ve napped in April before and my fav tree.

T-shirt, jeans, shoes off and my jumper as a pillow

Perfect temp

Long may it continue

martinhutch

Just back in from an very easy-paced ride over to Settle. Only a bit of a sweaty mess. Don’t know how people ride XC in hot countries…

yunki
    Free Member

Theoretically speaking I can do whatever I like today, but have chosen to sit indoors working..

When the other half finishes work we’ll be cycling over to the next town for a dip in the sea (the water is cleaner at the beach there)

Last night’s dip was plagued with Compass jellyfish.. Their sting isn’t too bad though, kinda like a sharper more exquisite nettle rash.. Saw lots of big Barrel jellies too

milky1980
    Free Member

+1 to the others that melt above 20 degrees, much prefer cooler autumn days and winter (including rain and wind) to this.

I do a physical job outside in protective gear all year round, anything over 15 degrees is too hot most of the time! Thank God I’ve got today off but riding back home from my night shift this morning was too warm even. 20 degrees at 6am 😯 Well over 30 right now, was planning a bimble down to the Bay but might give it a miss…

Had a few texts from colleagues and two have already succumbed to heatstroke, temps in the works vehicles are well over 50. Please let it be cooler for the rest of the week 😐

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Heat moaners’ is closed to new replies.