Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Heart rate monitor – iphone 4s – Strava
  • eightyeight
    Free Member

I’m heading out at lunchtime to purchase a heart rate monitor (it’s going to have to be Evans).

Is it as simple as hooking this up to my i-phone and turning on strava to monitor my heart rate? (tonigh will be on a turbo trainer)

Correction, tips, product recommendations and conflicting advise gratefully received.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Garmin 500 with the hrm and cadence bundle. Not what you were looking for but a better solution.

wwaswas

you’d need a bluetooth HRM I think but I’d check it’ll work with the Strava app before purchasing.

treaclesponge
    Free Member

You will need some way for the HRM to talk to the iPhone. You can get little ANT+ adaptors that plug in the bottom. No idea how much they are though.

jam-bo

i think this is the only one that will work directly with the 4s + 5 without adaptors

http://www.wahoofitness.com/Products/Wahoo-Fitness-Wahoo-Blue-HR-Heart-Rate-Strap.asp

cnud
    Free Member

Another option: Ithlete

Gary_M
    Free Member

The polar smart bluetooth HRM works with iPhone 4S and 5. I use it with cyclemeter and having looked at Strava its also compatible. Works very well but you do need to quit all apps before pairing it to the app you want to use it with. Note you pair it to the app not the phone, turn on bluetooth on the phone then pair through the app.

I got mine here.

eightyeight
    Free Member

Thanks for all taking the time to reply. I’ve had a good think about the fact I want cadence and HR and realised…. stuff it I’m getting a garmin.

As my mum always said, I was trying to be too clever by half

Gary_M
    Free Member

You could buy a bluetooth cadence sensor too if you would prefer to use your phone. They’re £65 £40 on amazon.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The edge 500 should be doable for under 200 with all the sensors better logging and accuracy better for bar mounting and 18hrs battery life.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Heart rate monitor – iphone 4s – Strava’ is closed to new replies.