• This topic has 83 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)
  • Hear Ye, Hear Ye, the COTSWOLD POOTLE – 27/1/13
  • IHN

Le bump

rOcKeTdOg

is the route snowpocalypsageddon proof?

IHN

Bonjour! I have returned.

Well, it wouldn’t be the Cotswold Pootle without a week of freak weather beforehand 😯

The route will be fine in snow, in fact it should be good fun. Then again, by next week it’ll probably all be gone and we’l be riding in in slushy grimness.

So, anyway, bump.

mboy
    Free Member

Still intending to be there with a small entourage… See you Sunday!

IHN

Smashing, more the merrier.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Should be lucky this time weather warming up.Saturday is suppose to be 7to8 degrees.That will be nice.

IHN

Really? Well, that answers any ‘what shall I ride in’ questions

IHN

Wednesday bump.

The good news is that it will have stopped snowing by Sunday. The bad news is that it’ll probably have started raining 🙁

Anyhoo, for keeping warm when out and about in inclement weather is why god invented both kinds of flask – thermos and hip 🙂

IHN

aaaaaand Thursday lunchtime bump.

missnotax
    Free Member

Well i’m still planning on coming along (as long as others are!)!

No cake though sadly – my oven is broken 🙁 Brilliant timing as it’s a great time of year for salads….

Fortunately I can still EAT cake though??!!!

IHN

Fortunately I can still EAT cake though

Oh, I see, we have a cake scrounger do we?

If you’re VERY good and laugh VERY loud at ALL of my jokes, and never at any times appear fitter, faster or more skilled than me, I may let you have a SMALL piece of flapjack. But only one of the burnt bits.

Honestly, some people…. 😉

missnotax
    Free Member

I know – you just can’t get decent newbies these days can you!! 😆

rOcKeTdOg

Well out of 4 that said they were coming with me 3 have dropped out so I’m wavering 😳

IHN

*cough*pansy*cough*

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

There will be plenty of Snowball cakes up there 😆

IHN

A quick check of various weather forecasters suggests that it might be raining heavily or it’ll just be occasional showers, unless it’s just overcast or it might be sunny. But it won’t be snowing, unless it is…

😕

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

My mate lives in Northleach there is plenty of snow up there still.Should be some left for you sunday.

IHN

Final Friday bump.

Weather’s looking, er

lump

Still in, whats the worst that can happen ? 😀

IHN

Exactly 🙂

It seems the weather picture I linked to up there -^ updates automatically too, how’s that for service? Looks like it’s going to be sunny 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

Sunny but V wet underfoot one suspects!

Still about 6 of us coming, so see you there in the morning… What vehicle you driving these days mate so I know to look out for you? I won’t be in the works van so I won’t be so obvious to spot.

IHN

Yeah, it’ll be a bit damp but it’s all/mostly tarmac and hardpack gravel so we should be fine (he says, famous last words…)

I’ll be in a silver T5 camper.

missnotax
    Free Member

Where exactly are we meeting in Northleach? Postcode anyone…?

I am rubbish at directions 😳

lump

This is the one ive found, but would be nice to have it confirmed. GL54 3EE ?

IHN

That’ll do it. We’re meeting in the market square car park, where the post office and war memorial is – Northleach is tiny, you can’t miss it

missnotax
    Free Member

Northleach is tiny, you can’t miss it

Oh dear, you’ve said it now…..!

swingbing
    Free Member

I think I’ll tag along on this one as well 🙂

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Its hard going out there plenty of snow around in the Cotswolds.100 yard 3 foot snow drift in greenway lane today crazy.Bad up by Birdlip then not much snow in Cranham.Looks lovely though out there.Have fun.

Macgyver

After canning the last cotswold pootle we hope to be there, hang overs allowing. 😳 Subject to remnants of snow it sounds like tandem terrain so keep an eye out for bright red bouncy tandem with two Idiots on board. Weather does not look bad either
    Macgyver

rOcKeTdOg

Cliff says don’t park outside his house or he’ll get the angry stick out

lump

Thanks all for a good days riding 🙂 And nice to have the weather on our side….

PS if anyone has the route recorded could I have a copy, Garmin turned of halfway around 🙄

mboy
    Free Member

Lump, if you send me your email address, I’ll send you a GPX later…

Nice to meet everyone that I didn’t already know, just got home and about to tuck into my dinner, then a big old bike cleaning session ensues!

And cheers Si for leading.

IHN

Aye, good to meet new folks and catch up with folks I’ve noy seen for a while. Glad you enjoyed it. I loved the last muddy lane, it was far more fun that it deserved to be 🙂

The bikes have had a bit of a clean to get the worst off the drivetrain, but I’m off to buy a hosepipe tomorrow…

swingbing
    Free Member

Thanks all, it was a good day with good company. Because I’m a tart my bike is now spotless (and no doubt the wheel bearings are greaseless).

missnotax
    Free Member

Great ride and lovely to meet everyone! Thanks for making me so welcome – very pleased I didn’t have to revert to Plan B, which was to buy an OS map and disappear off by myself if you all turned out to be axe murderers…. 😉 😆

Good luck with the event we were chatting about solarpowered 🙂

Oh, and i’m embaressed to say my bike has had a half-hearted hose off in the dark and i’m completely ignoring the large lumps of mud that I obviously missed!!

solarpowered
    Free Member

Hey! Brill day! Thank you all! Had a grand day out and giggled a lot 😀
    Thank you so much Missnotax for your race advice – will let you know how HTN goes…. Eeeek! Meeting Jedi in march thanks to a wonderful Xmas pressie but would love to be taught by you when you’re up & running! (Need a lot of help for sure)
    Sorry for not going to the pub after – that was my fault as I wanted a cuppa then off home.

Will look forward to another pootle on the near future ! Thanks again everyone xxx

solarpowered
    Free Member

P.s. tandem peeps …. AWESOME! A lot of respect there. You are/must be mega fit! I will bring you cake next time 😀 x

Macgyver

Thanks all it was great to make the most of a sunny day at long last.
    Was a bit windy at times though! A few hairy moments when the back end if the tandem stepped out of line in the gloop. Think I brought half the cotswolds home with me on the bike – it took some cleaning. Will see if the good lady can post her pics of the day so will post a link when it’s done. She has to write an article for work first.

swingbing
    Free Member

P.s. tandem peeps …. AWESOME! A lot of respect there

+1!

lump

+2 😀 Very impressed

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Hear Ye, Hear Ye, the COTSWOLD POOTLE – 27/1/13’ is closed to new replies.