Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Headtorch …… recommended me one
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

looking for a new headtorch, recommended me one please …. use it mainly camping or sorting stuff out in the middle of the night at places like mayhem ! budget around £20 ish

Stoner
    Free Member

there really is only one.
    And you’re lucky, it’s in stock for a change:

Head Torches and Lighting

ross980
    Free Member

Alpkit Gamma?
    EDIT: What he said ^

chewkw
    Free Member

Plenty proper ones here … LED Lenser … more than £15 I am afraid. I got their normal torch and it’s bright … very bright.

Sample website … search for sales …

CountZero

There’s always the DX.com ones, some up to 900 lumen. And not that expensive. Fenix do a very good one for around £45.

mechmonkey
    Free Member

Petzl Tikka Just replaced one of these petzls which I lost with another of the same. Never wanted for more light and after looking at the other options decided that I didn’t fancy the alpkit one with cables and battery pack.

Simple and functional, I don’t need it to be any better.

theblackmount
    Free Member

>Plenty proper ones here<

So the Alpkit is not a “proper one” like?

Anyway, I’d second the Alpkit – I had a proper expensive Black Diamond thing once – which I lost in the dark 😉

Cougar

I’m a fan of Led Lenser, solid kit.

Never tried the Alpkit one, but they’re usually good stuff and great support.

Drac

Alpkit one is very good but the casing is a bit flimsy feeling, that said I never broken it. 😀

winston_dog
    Free Member

I have broken a couple of Gamma’s.

Switched to Led Lenser instead.

£24 at toolsation and free delivery

midlifecrashes

I’ve had Petzls of one sort or another for 25 years at least. None has ever let me down. Strap on the sixteen year old Tikka is going a bit baggy though.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

If you are going for one with an external battery pack then you could also look at the gloworm X1and its headstrap for some more power (850l).

freeagent
    Free Member

LED Lenser. Paid about £20 for it in Costco about 3 years ago and it has been faultless.

singlecrack
    Free Member

I’ve a Led lenses H7……brilliant bit of kit …definitely recommend

CountZero

Aldi are doing a head torch for £2.99 in one of their special offer sales tomorrow. Obviously I have no idea at all what they’re like, but it’s got to be worth a look at that price, even if its just for keeping in the car for emergencies.
    They’ve got ‘mummy’ style sleeping bags for £17.99, too.
    https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/sunday-specialbuys-2nd-june/

MoreCashThanDash

My son has broken two Alpkit battery cases – that said, we live nearby, they fix them without a fuss, the light is brilliant, and I think there is a new version now, though I don’t know if the battery casing has been fixed – they admitted it was a weak spot but would have a big impact on pricing of they dealt with it.

tbh, we just tape up the battery lid and that has stopped him breaking it for about a year now. But it’s Cub camp in a fortnight, ask again then 🙄

That Aldi one looks worth a punt for sticking in the pannier for commuting emergencies though!

geoffj

Energizer FTW

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Energizer-Advanced-Headlight-Bright-Weatherproof/dp/B0022NHN4E

Plenty powerful enough and integrated battery case so you can wear it in bed.

MoreCashThanDash

integrated battery case so you can wear it in bed.

You sure know how to set the mood!

geoffj

You sure know how to set the mood!

8)

piemonster

I’ve mucked about with Gammas a few times. But they struck me as being really quite rubbish.

Poor light, poor build quality.

CountZero

That Aldi one looks worth a punt for sticking in the pannier for commuting emergencies though!

For three quid, how can you go wrong? I’m going over tomorrow morning to check out the head torch and the sleeping bags. I might get a pair of those Croc knock-off’s too; I need a replacement for my slippers that don’t let water in through the sole if I have to take the bins out in the rain… 😀

piemonster

Best suggestion I’ve seen on this thread so far is the lenser H3

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Headtorch …… recommended me one’ is closed to new replies.