Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Headtorch Help?
  • jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Ive got a DX type P7 light for the bars and am now looking looking for a head-torch also (2-3hours full power, quite tight beam)

looking for something with an inbuilt battery rather than another another P7 type light with an external pack.

Looking on DX there is a massive selection of torches which I could attach to the hold bin lid:

Could anyone help out and recommend one which would fit the bill?

Cheers.

z1ppy

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire-kf-t60-ha-ii-xm-lt60-5-mode-1200-lumen-white-led-flashlight-with-strap-1-x-18650-57003

I don’t have one, but it looks like my P7 MTE version, nice large lense (39mm), but not stupidly large and weighs around 180g including battery. Even though it has 5 modes (2 completely useless flashing ones), I like this as the medium is more useful for extending battery times but is still usable light and not just stupidly low (as per most low beams on these units). I have to say though, it does take a while to get used to that weight on your head, I’d suggest it wasn’t till it’s 2nd year of use I could completely forget it was there (weight wise). I do much prefer a remote battery version, now I’ve had the chance to try them.

EDIT: Not sure of the battery times on the new XM-L torches, but my P7 would ‘only’ last 1.5 hrs, but it took less than a minute to swap a battery, so this was never an problem.
    [XM-L’s use less power, so ‘may’ last longer than this, but I’d definitely buy a spare battery or 2 just in case]

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

thanks z1ppy, for EUR 25 its worth a try.

alanbill99

I too have a DX P7 and went for a joystick on the helmet.
    Bit pricey (£150 ?) but very light (100g ish ?) and nice focused beam.
    Love it for it’s tiny size.
    You can get the piggyback batteries too to extend life (doubles it).
    It does 3hrs on high (then it switches itself down a setting, then another).
    It does 10hrs on medium and a day on low.
    Double them for the piggyback battery

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Joysticks are great, but I cant stretch that far on the pennies front.
    So I’ve ordered a:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire-kh-t60-ha-ii-xm-lt60-5-mode-1200-lumen-white-led-flashlight-1-x-18650-57006

1200-lumen (Approx)
    2 hrs full power
    135g
    £21 + £2 for a strap

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Headtorch Help?’ is closed to new replies.