Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Headset Under 30 Quid
  • Crag
    Free Member

I know, I know, its been a common thread round these parts but I need convincing.

The Cane Creek S8 always gets mentioned but I’ve fallen foul of their headsets before with the 1.5 step down on my Cannondale (bearings going after less than 6 months)

Are they really as good as what people think and what other decent alternatives are there to the Hope and CK of this world??

I’m looking for as near as you get to fit and forget as you get for this price tag.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

FSA XL2, £20 and they are cracking

uplink
    Free Member
    tandemwarriors

Ditto FSA

avdave2

No problems here with the FSA

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Fsa good and easy to get replacement bearings. Also got an on one smoothie on my inbred and its going well, certainly looks well sealed. Bit ugly though.

Junkyard
    Free Member

cane creek s8 from ebay – stainless steel bearings @ £25 posted steel at £20
    replacement bearings@ £8 and £3 respectively cheap and solid and sealed so near zero maintenance .. no crud in there when i check on service so far.

alpin
    Free Member

i’ve got a ricthy that he been on three bikes and had lots of use being i only have one mountain bike. it’s only seen a bit of grease twice and is now about four years old. has just ringed bearings – balls held in place by a funky ring, you know what i mean…

have just bought a syncros ‘freeride’ head set @ €45. has proper industry sealed bearings. time will tell.

stumpy01

I’ve got a Cane Creek – either S3 or S8, can’t remember and it’s been great.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I ran a Cane Creek S2 on my Cotic for 3 years without a hint of a problem.

richc
    Free Member

FSA everytime (although not the Orbit MX as it has funny a bearing size)

finnegan
    Free Member

We have FSA XLIIs on all our bikes, no problems at all so far.

Speshpaul

FSA and Cane creek are both made by TH Industies. (for what its worth)
    I still think teh XL2 is the best headset in the world, (quality x cost)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Headset Under 30 Quid’ is closed to new replies.