Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Headset Bearings 44/56 I cant find them!!!
  • jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Ok I give up this must be more obvious than this, were can I get replacement bearings for a Tapered 44/56 headset, bike is a Tranny Scout and its got a FSA 57E headset (which I cant find on their website).
    You can also get it with a CC 40 series but again I cant find the bearing details there either.
    Same on hope site can find a 44/56 E2 headset but no bearing details, its driving me mad.

Anyone help?

jim25

I bought some from mbbearings for a cane Creek

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Jim can you let me know the upper and lower size details that I need please?

nickdavies

hope pdf

You just want standard bearings I think? You can get the cane creek ones or hope ones pretty easily you just may need a new crown race depending on the inner chamfer. You can pick the headset up pretty easily it’s just a regular fsa orbit integral tapered headset I think, around £40

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Best bet is to remove the bearing and check the code.

I’ve got a Nukeproof Warhead headset on mine which has been great so far.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Any LBS who have got an account with Kinetic Bearings.They have all the proprietary ones too.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

44/56 isn’t the size of the bearings, it’s the size of the head tube. That’s two totally separate things. Also, one headsets 44mm cup might hold a different bearing to another. Your best bet is to go to a good LBS who should hold a stock of bearings these days, and they’ll bmwasure up what you have and sell you a pair. It shouldn’t be expensive £20-£25 a pair I’d imagine.

thejesmonddingo

I’ve a feeling the 57s all have the same bearings,so according to this
    exploded view
    you need a Superstar type 1 for the upper,and a type 4 for the lower.That’s what I used on my 57b and it works fine.The bearing are 36/45 degrees.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Yeah I found the above but I thought the head tube dimensions on that pdf were incorrect for mine, but looking at it again they are noted as OD and the drawing shows in the internal to be 44/56.
    Cheers

thejesmonddingo

I’ve edited my post above to give the data sheet foe a 57E-1

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Yep got it thanks, for future searches its

30.1 X 41 X 6.5mm 36″ by 45″ for the top (type 1 ss)
    40 X 51.8 X 8mm 36″ by 45″ for the lower (type 4 ss)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Headset Bearings 44/56 I cant find them!!!’ is closed to new replies.