Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Head torch – can you recommend?
  • withersea
    Free Member

Need one for a 7 year old and one for an adult – ideally good VFM

grumm
    Free Member

Alpkit – better than my petzl that cost nearly 3 times as much.

hugorune

Depends on what your using it for and what sort of wieght you want to lug around with you. I’m a civil engineer and generally have one velcro’d to my hard hat for night shifts and have tried quite a few different types. The best 2 light wieght ones i’ve tried are the £30 Petzl Tikka plus (4 superbright LEDs)which runs on 3 AAA and the £35 Blackdiamond Spot (1 watt HyperBright LED & 3 superbright LEDs) which is a bit heavier but I’ve used it as an emergency bike light on a few occasions. Both companies do heavier/brighter/more batteries lights that get brighter in proportion with how much you spend. I know Alpkit do a 3 LED similar to the Petzl Tikka that’s under £20 but I’ve not tried any of their stuff.

montylikesbeer

The alpkit one, its superb, cheap and full of good functions.

and its less than £13.00 delivered !

gamma head torch

chewymk4
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple for sale if you’re interested
    See my thread in the classifieds:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-2x-black-diamond-headtorches

withersea
    Free Member

looking for something lightweight to wear at night in lapland so that we can keep our hands warm in our pockets and to see where we are going when we sledge at night through the trees!

chewy cheers for the link – will have a good look at them later in the day

withersea
    Free Member

alpkit out of stock until april 🙁

MoreCashThanDash

Mountain Warehouse shops have some blue ones for about £15 – can’t recall the brand, but I got one a couple of years ago and it has been great – used it as a back up while night riding when my main lights failed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Head torch – can you recommend?’ is closed to new replies.