Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Head protection for flat-nosed dog?
  • nicko74

Very random, but I figure it worth asking…

Our beloved (rescue) pug went blind last year at the age of about 8. Sadly it’s permanent, and she (and we) has been adapting to the next 5-8 years of her being blind. She still has a tendency to bash into things though, generally with her head and occasionally her snout or eye – hence wanting some form of protection.

We’ve tried conventional dog goggles (don’t work because she doesn’t have a bridge of her nose for them to rest on), and a visor thing, and have ended up sticking with her cone. It allows her to get close enough to smell things, doesn’t catch too much on door frames etc, but still prevents her bashing into most things.

It’s not very comfortable when she’s lying down though, which pugs do basically all day long. So I wondered if anyone else has had success with any other forms of head protection for a flat-nosed dog?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Could you fit an over long muzzle?

fossy

Aw, poor bugger. All I can say, keep looking. We had a cat that lost hearing in her last couple of years, but we didn’t let her out then, but she responded to hand movements but she was old and wise by then.

Bless. They do adapt, but you want them not too bashed about.

nicko74

I hadn’t seen one of those before, but it looks worth further investigation. Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Head protection for flat-nosed dog?’ is closed to new replies.