Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Head angle/fork query?
  • shredster
    Free Member

Struggling to get my head round this….advice please.

I’m looking at a 2nd hand ride that has Fox RLC 150’s fitted but set up at 140.

From my understanding the way this is achieved is by limiting the amount the fork will compress by 10mm.

The head angle is 67.7 according to manufacturer of bike when forks are 140.

If they are set at 150 will this slacken the head a touch? If so, by how much – approx?

I initially thought it would but I’m having doubts now as the fork length surely will not change, thus the head angle will be the same when set at 140 or 150?

Cheers

wwaswas

most spacers reduce the a-c on the fork at the same time as they drop travel.

I think 10mm is about 1 degree on head angle?

Rickos
    Free Member

Rule of thumb is 1 inch/20mm or so to 1 degree, so 10mm will be around half a degree slacker.

Northwind

There’s a nice tool on the Cotic website, it’s only for the Soul but it lets you play around with length etc and see what happens.

Obviously it’ll vary a bit depending on how slack the head angle already is, but not massively.

greeble
    Free Member

with a fox fork putting a travel spacer in there will shorted the axle to crown length as well as its travel

DanW
    Free Member

The practical difference will be small. If the axle to crown (AC) height is 10mm different when static then the AC height considering sag of 25% is 7.5mm different between the two forks or 7mm different with 30% sag on both.

shredster
    Free Member

Thanks folks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Head angle/fork query?’ is closed to new replies.