Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • HDMI 2.0 Cables
  • skybluestu
    Free Member

Redoing living room and want to run some cabling under the floor for media devices.
    Any advice on which HDMI 2.0 cable I should go for? Any difference in specs I should be aware of?

Currently looking at multitudes on ebay and can’t decide if the difference between 15.8gb and 17.8gb would ever make any difference in reality. Going to run a 4k tv and upscaling dvd etc.

ton

just buy 4k suitable leads, but do not pay more the £1 per metre.

Cougar

Amazon Basics.

HDMI cables are HDMI cables, so long at it’s a Cat2 “high-speed” cable they’re all the same beyond build quality.

Cougar
    skybluestu
    Free Member

Great article. Cheers for that. I wasn’t in the market for Byton mega expensive anyway but the price difference is staggering if you look around!

ton

i can sell you them. lengths from 0.5m up to 20m.
    roughly a £1 per metre.

daviek

I’ve just went through the same thing. Ended up with an Akord one from Amazon, works fine so far but just futureproofing at the minute as its really just for 4K @ 60fps and it’ll be a while before I bother to get a 4k player.

wilburt
    Free Member

Amazon basics are good quality but ton probably pays tax.
    Take your pic!

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

You need these for an immersive experience

Seriously though, as others said, cheap. I prefer braided as it seems to last longer before the outside degrades. That may not be necessary for under-floor routing where I guess it won’t get any / as much abrasion.

Cougar

They’re AV cables, how on earth are you managing to abrade them?

Milkie
    Free Member

Not all HDMI cables are the same. Most made now are v1.4, but be careful they are not v1 (cheap eBay ones can be) as they do not support Ethernet or 4K.

As said above “High Speed” Cable is what you want, which is a v1.4a cable. Amazon Basics are good quality cables.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘HDMI 2.0 Cables’ is closed to new replies.