Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Hazzard racing team
  • matt_outandabout

Yeah booooooiiiii! I wish them well, and hope to see some more videos and outrageous racing…

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsoBiOKgNfA/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=kimid6ejichd

DickBarton

I’m not on instagram…is the Joe Barnes?

Had wondered why last few episodes hadn’t included him.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, ye canny bugger off racing all year when there’s a bairn to look after. 😊

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

Brilliant news👍

Northwind

Excellent news, we can get more cool videos and Joe can stop worrying about working for a team that expects results

alpineharry
    Free Member

Aye, ye canny bugger off racing all year when there’s a bairn to look after. 😊

It was Liam who had the child

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Right, okay then, you better tell Joe’s better half that she’s not pregnant then….

matt_outandabout

He personally, or his other half?

alpin
    Free Member

Odd given that he supposedly developed their new Spectral….

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Odd given that he supposedly developed their new Spectral….

Na, the Canyon design team will have done that. What he did do was work with his own team to make the Torque a viable bike for the kind of riding he does, as opposed to a big lump of bike park bike.

jaketurbo
    Free Member

Struggling ews Racer, novelty videos.

Always seemed an odd fit for canyon with competition improving in the ews, especially because they’ve got some quick boys in the team again (since barel).

Seems a better fit with Orange who don’t really have a top end competitive presence.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I dunno if I’d say struggling, generally top 20 riders in the world, all depends on how you define struggling. I bet he sold a hell of a lot more bikes than most of the guys above him, it’s a funny old game is marketing.

His videos do certainly have a light hearted element, but I bet if you attempted to ride the brown serpent you wouldn’t ever describe it as ‘novelty’.

chakaping
    Free Member

Bit harsh. I’d choose the Dudes’ ‘novelty’ videos over ‘serious’ MTB shredits all day long.

Fair warms the cockles to hear they’re back on Orange.

jaketurbo
    Free Member

Sorry if that sounded harsh. More referring to the fact canyon are trying to position themselves as the top enduro team… Pr, marketing, personnel involved.

The fun, rut slapping videos that the dudes do and top 30 race positioning doesn’t really fit with that. They clearly want top 10.

On the selling more bikes things, maybe… But most people buying direct bikes, outside of mountain bikers in the know, won’t have a clue who Joe Barnes is… But they will react to an advert with person X, ews winner on it.

Nothing against the dudes, I enjoy their vids.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Good on him, hope it continues in a same fashion, just without the big corporate shadow behind.

I much prefer their videos to the steaming turds the 50:01 lot put out.

chakaping
    Free Member

The “struggling” bit was not inaccurate, and I totally agree Joe’s a much-better fit with Orange.

Good to see them getting back in the fray a bit too.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

struggling?! I fail to see how he is struggling, hes been pretty much consistent since the EWS started, I actually think its a pretty amazing coup by orange, hes a british rider still in his prime age wise, inspiring, great following and makes exceptionally fun entertaining videos

plus hes got to be one of the best EWS riders (GB) of all time, 2017 saw him around the top 20 every single event in EWS, hes one hell of a rider.

the videos are ace tho, totally agree, just look some pals having a good time, pretty down to earth, and don’t try to make it something its not. I look forward to more of those videos, they were mint some years ago

shame liam isn’t with them again, but guess his life has changed slightly with the child…

BoardinBob

Aye, ye canny bugger off racing all year when there’s a bairn to look after.

Is Miller moving on to something/one different? His instagram suggested that but wasn’t clear

matt_outandabout

His videos do certainly have a light hearted element, but I bet if you attempted to ride the brown serpent you wouldn’t ever describe it as ‘novelty’.

Having stood and watched the dudes rocket down the serpent, I can confirm that it’s chuffing steep and deep, and Master Barnes can tickle them at a seemingly inconceivable speed. That Liam and Lachlan are equally chuffing quick…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Is Miller moving on to something/one different? His instagram suggested that but wasn’t clear

He’s got a year with Lapierre near Sospel, a bit of team mech, a bit of R&D with Vouilloz and Daily, sounds good, finally get to use that Masters as well.

No team budget for a monkey now!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

That Liam and Lachlan are equally chuffing quick

I don’t know Lachlan, but I’ve rode with Liam a few times, he’s an absolute beast on a bike, phenomenal to watch and a gem of a boy too. He also has a Masters in Engineering that needs using!.

BoardinBob

He’s got a year with Lapierre near Sospel, a bit of team mech, a bit of R&D with Vouilloz and Daily, sounds good, finally get to use that Masters as well.

Living the dream!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Absolutely, though I’m sure he’ll miss FW, big time.

geex
    Free Member

Poor Ferg… All this pent up internet man love and not a mention.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I dunno what Ferg will race, He’s only dabbled the last few years? Lachlan races DH, though may race Enduro?, Joe’s not racing the first couple of the EWS season, looks like it’s not really a factory team, more of a syndicate that happens to be sponsored by a few brands including Orange. They’ve still got their Canyons as far as I know…

duncancallum

Lovely lads had a clumsy otb if front of Joe last year and he refrained from taking the piss…

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Hazzard racing team’ is closed to new replies.