Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hayes Stroker Ryde Brakes…
  • stugus
    Free Member

After a new set of brakes, does anyone have any experience of these either good or bad? I’ve been a fan of the hfx and 9’s for a ages just wondered how they compare.

Merlin seem to have a good price on these.

BoardinBob

Quite powerful
    Very on/off
    They SCREAM horrendously in the wet and in very cold weather 🙁

I’ve tried the original pads and superstar pads and the noise is the same. Only a good spray with Muc off discbrake cleaner every few days keeps the noise down!

Fagus
    Free Member

As above^^^Powerful but no half measures. They do stop you quickly, even if you want to stop slowly!!!

BoardinBob

Personally, with Rydes on my HT and Avid 3 on the full susser, I’d go for the Avids

Tracey

Got 9s on all our bikes except my Marin that has Stroker Trails, will stop you very quick, not much difference between them both

Tracey

stugus
    Free Member

hmm tempting.

Boardin Bob, I’ve had some juicy 5’s which was less than impressed with so was looking for these as an alternative.

theboatman
    Free Member

Got the trails, and they don’t really feel anymore on/ off that my other hope mini mono’s, and to me seem to have a bit more power. They do squeal a bit, but again so do my hopes.

tinribz
    Free Member

I bought those ‘marked’ ones in the sale and I can’t see any marks! My first discs so can’t comment on performance, no complaints though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hayes Stroker Ryde Brakes…’ is closed to new replies.