Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hayes So1e – fluid leaking at lever
  • Sidney
    Free Member

Hi all,

Got a set of Hayes So1e on the misses bike. Front brake hardly works at mo and to top it of rear brake is leaking fluid at lever. Anyone experienced with brakes know a likely failure mode? O-ring gone, seal etc. Can these be got individually or as part of a master cylinder piston kit only?

My real dilema – should I sack them of and get her a set of Juicy 3s instead!

Stumpy_Bob
    Free Member

My son’s bike had the same problem, turned out that there’s a small plastic grommet [about 1mm diameter ] that’s used for setting the fluid level, this had popped out and so everytime the brake was applied fluid was getting pumped out. We were on holiday at the time and the guys at Keswick Bikes kindly supplied us with a replacement.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

No personal experience of sole but know of one friend who had a set. He was constantly having to re-adjust them because of the single moving piston (hence the name I assume). Not a good set of brakes in his experience. I’d be inclined to upgarade to something current.

organic355
    Free Member

old post resurrection I know but any one know where I can get one of those plastic grommets from?

Same thing just happened today to the wifes bike.

z1ppy

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=20129

or I have a whole brake somewhere :mrgreen: (rear IIRC)

organic355
    Free Member

good man!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hayes So1e – fluid leaking at lever’ is closed to new replies.