Having a team mate at races

Home Forum Bike Forum Having a team mate at races

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Having a team mate at races
  • Premier Icon scaredypants

yeh, you get a couple up in the breakaway so you can burn them up later in pursuit of the overall win if you get away

or else just chat a bit as you ride

Any racing, doe’s it help? it’s been so long I can’t remember. The last twenty years I’ve been racing unattached.
    Now I’ve got this club going, we have four new racers so all 4th cats. A vet that’ll race in the LVRC with me and four cyclocross riders.

It does if you are know what you are doing and have discussed some tactics or ideas. If not it makes no difference. Generally you’re more likely to get proper help if there are two of you in a break or chasing down. There are other nice advantages too like a team mate will more likely let you in to follow a wheel.

In local races there are a couple of guys who ride as a team. They actually help weaker riders when the pace picks up or if they get dropped.

If you discussed it amongst yourself you could take it in turns to ride domestique on a rotation which could be quite good fun and allow for better results. Normally though people aren’t prepared to flog themselves to see a pretty equal clubmate get the win, they’d rather go for perseonal glory.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Having a team mate at races’ is closed to new replies.