Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Having a moustache – the upside
  • camo16
    Free Member

So, in my late 30s I can finally grow a moustache. 😉

Edges down gives me instant ’70s pimp, but all’s I gotta do is twirl that bad boy upwards and it’s ‘hello ladies’ time’.

Moustaches are amazing.

Why don’t more guys have them? And, do you?

pymwymis
    Free Member

I have been sporting something of a Zapata / gringo Mexican type thing since last Movember. It gets very favorable comments from the ladies !

On the downside, it does take some tending esp since I also sport the mini under-lip goatee thingy. 😉

jools182
    Free Member

I find I’m already good at repelling women without the help of a ginger tache

camo16
    Free Member

Ahh, the Zapata – that’s probably beyond my follicle capabilities right now, but I’m trying.

I’m going for a Tom Selleck and I reckon I’m 75% there. 😉

Aside from one ‘Ned Flanders’ comparison, this has been my best styling decision since I quit the Robert Smith look back in ’92.

wwaswas

I reckon I’m 75% there

that’s a ‘hitler’ isn’t it?

camo16
    Free Member

that’s a ‘hitler’ isn’t it?

Nah, width is there, it’s depth that’s lacking. 🙁

pymwymis
    Free Member

Tom Selleck. Arguably the best moustache ever, though Peter Ustenov had a fine one as Hercule Poirot

ThePinkster

For some reason people stop me in the street or in shops and congratulate me on mine, which is a little odd, but happens quite regularly.

Last time was a checkout assistant in Halfords on Sunday.

camo16
    Free Member

Damn, Pinkster, you must have a beauty!

So, you’re probably the best person to ask this critical question –

to wax or not to wax?

Tom Selleck. Arguably the best moustache ever

+1

It’s got everything a good moustache should have – shape, definition, tidiess and no traces of breakfast.

DezB
    Free Member

Q: Why don’t more guys have them?

A:

camo16
    Free Member

Yeah, Dez, but consider the…

ThePinkster

camo16 – Member
    Damn, Pinkster, you must have a beauty!

So, you’re probably the best person to ask this critical question –

to wax or not to wax?I’m trying to find a photo of it at he moment, although there is a very old photo of it in my profile – it’s got a bit bushier now and without the squirrel tail on my chin.

I don’t wax it, it kind of has a life of it’s own.

pymwymis
    Free Member

Re waxing, surely this requires the hairs to be quite long. I find that as mine gets long it gets unruly and loses definition which is surely critical for a stunning moustache. Perhaps wax would solve the unruliness.

On another note, if I extend the legs of the Zapata could I reasonably aim for a Ming the Merciless ? That would definitely be a dream ‘tash but would look crap in the transition stage I suspect. :mrgreen:

wwaswas

I think anyone on claiming to have fine face fungus should post pics to prove it?

camo16
    Free Member

Pics to follow wwaswas… give it time, is all I ask. 😉

Pinkster, just checked your profile pic – that’s an awesome tache, dude!

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, Dez, but consider the..

Eww. imagine kissing that! It’d be interesting to hear from the ladies on that point…

camo16
    Free Member

Eww. imagine kissing that!

Wrong time to admit I have? 😳

No complaints from Mrscamo16 on my 75% Tom, luckily. 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Wrong time to admit I have?

How did your moustaches get on with each other in your imagination?

ThePinkster

As I said, very old pic of me and it’s developed a bit more since this photo but here’s mine

Bez (yes, he of the Happy Mondays) wanted his photo taken with with me at Festival No.6 last year because of it.

camo16
    Free Member

That’s kinda why I asked Pinkster about the wax, Dez. 😉

No way I could ever compete with ^^^^^^^^^ The Camo hair growth genes are deficient across most of the lower face. Tache I can just about do. Goatie I can just about do. Sidies etc, no chance.

ThePinkster

Cheers Camo16. You should see it these days. If anyone’s riding the Chase tomorrow morning it’ll be visible there.

ThePinkster

DezB – Member
    Eww. imagine kissing that! It’d be interesting to hear from the ladies on that point…

From experience they quite like the tickling on their thighs though.

Or was that too much info? 😉

missnotax
    Free Member

Kissing + furry face = no (in my opinion)

As for anything else i’ve never got past the kissing stage to comment 😉 😆

camo16
    Free Member

Kissing + furry face = no (in my opinion)

How’s about if a tache-toting fella used conditioner on his furry face decoration?

Don’t women go for manly (and by manly I mean moustached) guys any more?

missnotax
    Free Member

No, fur anywhere else is fine – just not on the face 😉

Ro5ey
    Free Member

He was so good…. he made it harder for himself

Miss Tax

Would you kick him out of bed for eating biscuits ?

pymwymis
    Free Member

Wwaswas, try as I might I can’t get photo to paste into this thing so you’ll just have to imagine

wwaswas

It’s ok, I snuck a look at your profile pic.

I’m sure there are thighs all over the land tingling at the memory 😉

camo16
    Free Member

Update: pulling the ends of your moustache perfectly sideways provides that all-important RAF pilot look. 😉

Laydeez loves pilots.

ThePinkster

It’s great being able to twiddle a tache in meetings. Makes you look far more important & distinguished. 🙂

That’s what I keep telling myself, anyway.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Bez (yes, he of the Happy Mondays) wanted his photo taken with with me at Festival No.6 last year because of it.

He’s been a fan for a while 😉

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzhMG4SmFTw[/video]

bigyinn
    Free Member

The bromance-o-meter is currently in the red because of this thread!

Flash
    Free Member

Women really can’t get enough of a good ‘tasche.

I popped out for a pint of milk last weekend and this happened on the way back:

pymwymis
    Free Member

Flash, it ^^^^^^^^ is a genuine occupational hazard. I generally try to avoid wearing my “Peter Oostertrousers” when women are present. This plus a fab tash have actually hospitalized some members of the fairer sex.

jon1973
    Free Member

Update: pulling the ends of your moustache perfectly sideways provides that all-important RAF pilot look

If you’re going to go for that look, you really need a white silk scarf with a long bit of straight wire in it to make it look like you’re permanently flying your open top plane.

logical
    Free Member

He’s been a fan for a while [/quote]

Ahh but that’s Sean and Paul Ryder.

alpin
    Free Member

surely a beard is the epitome of manly facial hair…. having a caterpiller under your nose is just odd….

as i see it, it’s like roadies shaving their legs… a bit odd.

any bloke who spends more than five minutes a week manicuring their face in front of a mirror is a bit odd.

all or nothing.

shifter
    Free Member

shermer75
    Free Member

Shit that’s a good suit.

samuri
    Free Member

Alan had a whole group of good suits. He would roll up in Saigon or Tel Aviv in a three piece and a tie and look composed and unfettered while the locals were sweating away in t-shirt and shorts. Awesome.

But tasche? no,

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Having a moustache – the upside’ is closed to new replies.