Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Have you made the most of the great weather today?
  • simondbarnes

Gorgeous sunny day up here in the North West. Ok, it’s a bit breezy but you can’t have everything. Had a lovely spin around Rivi with a couple of friends. Was riding a Specialized Camber Comp Carbon 29er which I’d borrowed from work. First time on a bouncy 29er, was really impressed. Great bike to ride 🙂

Camber Comp Carbon 29er by simondbarnes, on Flickr

Sunny Singletrack by simondbarnes, on Flickr

Ali by simondbarnes, on Flickr

Muddy arse shot by simondbarnes, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/simondbarnes/sets/72157628174354497

philfive
    Free Member

Just got back from a cracking ride around ironkeld and loughrigg.

gothandy

Despite the nasty wet and windy start, once the sun was out it was a cracker. Did a couple of hours round the local muddy trails, really good fun.

Green grass by gothandy, on Flickr

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Yep. 4 hours slithering around on our HTs, taking in some nice scenic (in the sun) and techy bits (in the woods) but studiously avoiding the many boggy trails – managed to stay rubber-side down 🙂 Then a lovely afternoon walk in the woods with the GF. Having a nice cup of Lavazza now.

Duggan

Went out in Hayfield but kind of wish I hadn’t bothered.

Was pretty windy but not bad enough to spoil the day really but coupled with the fact there was some kind of orienteering/triathlon event or something similar there was a fair bit of stop/starting to let them past. Nothing against it though, everyone I said hello to was cheery and polite but if I’d known I’d have changed my route I think.

Then managed to lose my trainer in the mud and spent 10mins retrieving that and shortly after that had an off at the top of the bridleway near Peep O’Day, before it goes through that garden and descends to the main road.

Really smashed my knee in and was pretty painful, spent a minute or two rolling round in the dirt grimacing. Within minutes it was ridiculously swollen so decided to get the train from New Mills back to Manchester rather than ride. Got on the most packed train ever which had people standing all the way down the carriage, felt a bit guilty cramming my bike on but no choice really 😐

Then spent 30mins queueing at Piccadilly to buy my ticket retrospectively at the barrier with seemingly everyone else on the entire train.

Soft pedaled home, on the Ibuprofein and ice now, my knee looks deformed 🙁

cookeaa

Ripping it up in the local woods on awsome new trails, with like minded peeps. it can’t be beated!

khani
    Free Member

Yep, 25 mile bridleway/green lane pootle with the S/O, bit windy but nice and sunny
    Ace!! 😀

will
    Free Member

Gothandy that’s a nice shot!

37 miles on the SS around Sherwood Pines and other local sections. Nice to out in such good weather!

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Yup – awesome conditions at the FoD 😀

rOcKeTdOg

wrong Simonbarnes for a bum shot!

xcneil
    Free Member

Excellent ride around the Marin trail x2 laps

anto164
    Free Member

Lovely weather for me today.. Really windy still, and had to dig out my endura stealth for the first time this season.

Still recovering from my injury in the summer, so did 14mi around my local. Ace fun!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I was out just as soon as it was light.

It was properly horrible!

Cracking day later, once I’d finished my ride 😥

ratadog

Piddling down with rain first thing and still blowing a gale for most of the morning. Took the 29er winter bike out to test ride its new fork just before dark. Still very windy.

Couldn’t get any spares for the M29 so it has been rigid for 6 months but now switched to a new/old stock Tora which should be serviceable when needed and seems both lighter and more comfortable than the M29.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

went out for a two and half hour spin with my bro and his mate round the local loop add a few woody techy bits that i didn’t know about so good ride all in all very windy out of the woods not to muddy which is nice 😀

Gilles

I was told by my partner no bike this weekend because greenhouse to clean and shed to tidy up. Then today by 2pm i was authorised for a ride and it was a fantastic autumnal ride as long as I knew where to go to avoid the very muddy bit.

rossrobot
    Free Member

Spent a couple of hours on the cross bike in Brighton – did a loop of Wild Park, encountered some yappy dogs, then went to the Preston Park cycle track and did a few laps. Great fun.

souldrummer
    Free Member

A fun 2 or 3 hours on the North Downs. Very windy, and most of the trails I was on were packed with walkers – thankfully most of them were actually in a reasonable mood.

Was out on Swampthings as I couldn’t be bothered with changing tyres back again…is it me or do they really drag when it’s not muddy??

will
    Free Member

I really couldn’t believe just how dry it was!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

We went for a ride around Moel Famau this monrning. Windy but lovely.

Not done this ride before and it was a hoot! Got it from The Edge, Cycleworks web site.

smell_it
    Free Member

I’m currently spending a couple of weeks in Norway seeing family, and got to do a spectacular 117 road miles out of Bergen. The route was chosen by my rather strong and powerful 18 and 20 year old cousins, who had been instructed to forgo their usual club ride and begrudgingly take their 35 year old uncle **** out. I think they wanted me to suffer, and whilst suffer we all did, my ability to climb like a scrawny mountain goat was a bit of a shock for them. So chilly damp weather, stunning views, great climbs and some mutual respect was the reward. I’m not sure they needed the afternoon snooze I did mind.
    My efforts also brought me a invite out into bergen with the cousins and their mates for a few beers, and they young women of Norway are pretty stunning. I’m only two expensive beers in, and I’m starting to leer like a sex pest. Top day.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I’m currently spending a couple of weeks in Norway seeing family, and got to do a spectacular 117 road miles out of Bergen. The route was chosen by my rather strong and powerful 18 and 20 year old cousins, who had been instructed to forgo their usual club ride and begrudgingly take their 35 year old uncle **** out. I think they wanted me to suffer, and whilst suffer we all did, my ability to climb like a scrawny mountain goat was a bit of a shock for them. So chilly damp weather, stunning views, great climbs and some mutual respect was the reward. I’m not sure they needed the afternoon snooze I did mind.
    My efforts also brought me a invite out into bergen with the cousins and their mates for a few beers, and they young women of Norway are pretty stunning. I’m only two expensive beers in, and I’m starting to leer like a sex pest. Top day.

Amazing story.

I fixed our fuse box.

flashes
    Free Member

I only had a few hours this morning but finally got to test the Karate Monkey…………………..brill, still smiling

robsoctane
    Free Member

I enjoyed 18 miles around my local woods (Kong Woods near Pelton fell). It was windy but that helped dry the place up a bit. Still got covered in mud of course but that’s half the fun.

Loving my new Trek Fuel EX! 😀

Drac

Very breezy and a little cool today but trails aren’t too bad and the sun was glorious.

Near Middle Hill by Lee Collis, on Flickr

aldous84
    Free Member

Spent the morning out on the Ridgeway in Oxfordshire – bluebird day, and a great chance to try out my new Fuel Ex 9. Picked it up this morning from @Theisinger, and loved every minute of the ride. First full-susser I’ve owned, and my wife’s comment “It feels like you’re in an armchair” probably sums it up 🙂

Great day, and shorts and t-shirt at the end of November can’t be bad going…

sb
    Free Member

Had a lovely 3 hour ride around the north downs (I think!, south of Gillingham anyway) with a mate, 23ish miles. Met lots of dog walkers, only one dog shit and no crashes. Weird though, partly sticky and in other parts dry and dusty ! Lovely sunny day 8)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ah, a bottom, photographed by Barnes. And all is good with the World….

BUT HANG ON!

It is not the fabled FBarnes, but in fact an imposter! 😯

You sir are nought but a charlatan and a fraud. 😐

Looks like fantastic weather though; went for a pootle into the City earlier; actually quite warm really for November, sunny, bright and fresh. Lovely. 🙂

simondbarnes

You sir are nought but a charlatan and a fraud.

I certainly am. It’s a boys bottom 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

😆 I’d best edit me post then eh?

I did for a moment think it was FBarnes, then had to look again at the name.

What has happened to FBarnes? I miss him on here. 😥

lowey

What has happened to FBarnes? I miss him on here

He annoys people on Facebook and spends the rest of his time drawing pictures.

Frankly Simon, I’m horrified. Cheeky singletrack on a Sunday!! Shocking.

😛

valleydaddy
    Free Member

had my first ‘proper’ ride today after my knee injury, lovely day for it to 😀

Did White’s Level at Afan and really enjoyed it, I wasn’t very quick but I made it around so was well chuffed and the knee is OK

weirdnumber
    Free Member

I didn’t 🙁
    Im off work tomorrow and hoping the weather will hold, so going to head out for a nice easy jaunt.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Loving this autumn so far. Super warm and no layering up.

simondbarnes

Frankly Simon, I’m horrified. Cheeky singletrack on a Sunday!! Shocking.

I know, it’s outrageous. We only met 2 grumpy people though.

nobtwidler
    Free Member

I managed to pick the wrong day for a ride then! – Bigley Bash on Saturday blowing a gale and pissing it down BUT great muddy fun!

Mackem

Was very nice indeed…

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Have you made the most of the great weather today?’ is closed to new replies.