Have you ever upset anyone Famous?

Home Forum Chat Forum Have you ever upset anyone Famous?

Viewing 9 posts - 136 through 144 (of 144 total)
  • Have you ever upset anyone Famous?
  • duckman

Pfft lightweights; My celeb annoying moment may well get me in the tower.
    There used to be a really popular 7 rugby tournament in St Andrews, my mate used to enter a side and I played as a ringer for them. The emphasis was on social rugby and loud strips. Playing for his student halls team was some posh bloke by the name of William. I was playing to a decent level at the time and at one point hit aforementioned very hard..and very,very late. In fact late enough for it to elicit an “Oh!” from the people watching. And some very unregal language from himself.

core

Geoge Lamb (son of Larry), bought a house to renovate in my area, he didn’t like fire separation/protection of ceilings………..

whatnobeer

There used to be a really popular 7 rugby tournament in St Andrews,

There still is. Great story though 😛

Think the only famous person I annoyed a bit was Ralf Schumacher at Silverstone. We were at the after party and I wanted a photo with him. Miserable bastard wouldn’t even entertain the thought, so just pestered him until he ignored me. Pretty small fry compared to some of these other stories!

Premier Icon nach
    Subscriber

Some friends were housesitting for relatives in a rich area of Nottingham; the kind of neighbourhood where the back gardens are a fraction the size of the front ones. Of course, they threw a party, and Ken Clarke phoned the landline after a couple of hours, asking us to turn the music down.

Don’t really like him, but fair play for phoning direct instead of getting the police round.

(Edit) Bonus story from B3ta: A reader once bumped into Bill Oddie, and suggested that he marry Noddy Holder, in which case they could take the names Noddy Oddie and Willy Holder. Apparently he wasn’t best pleased.

Premier Icon mangoridebike
    Subscriber

There used to be a really popular 7 rugby tournament in St Andrews,

There still is.

nothing to do with the thread, but the knowledge that this is still going fills me with cheer 🙂 Is it still sponsored by Ma Bells?

konabunny

I don’t believe any of these stories in which people are said to have said “do you know who I am?”.

Somewhere on reddit there is a thread in which someone says that Zach Braff was a freeloader and didn’t tip staff at a restaurant. Zach Braff responds to the post because he’s a redditor…

bobario

I was part of a team of floorlayers working at Granada TV studios. We were sitting around having a break when someone mentioned Bill Roache. I proceeded to slate him to death, calling him a shit actor and saying corrie was crap. I turned around and he was standing behind me with a face like thunder, and started to give me a good telling off. I was a bit stunned and just took it at first, till I decided I wasn’t going to be intimidated by Ken Barlow and started giving him some back. He shut up.
    One of the Manchester lads said to his face that he’d heard he was a rapist. This was about 15 years ago.

whatnobeer

nothing to do with the thread, but the knowledge that this is still going fills me with cheer Is it still sponsored by Ma Bells?

Haha, it was until recently, last couple of years I think? Last year was sponsored by Eden Brewery and the after party pretty much closed off the Union building. Last time I walked past Ma Bells, it was (along with the hotel) all boarded up. Not sure if it’s just a refurb or if its closed 🙁

theflatboy

I was introduced to Jenny Agutter at a theatre part a couple of years ago, and moronically felt the need to say something that showed my aficionado-like expertise on her career. I therefore blurted out something like “I recognised you from The Railway Children”… 😕 😳

She didn’t look impressed, and nor did the other people in the group. Still, at least I didn’t point out that I recognised her more from teenage “appreciation” of Walkabout / Equus…

Viewing 9 posts - 136 through 144 (of 144 total)

The topic ‘Have you ever upset anyone Famous?’ is closed to new replies.